Another Bow Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Bow Blind Build

So… after getting inspired looking at other bow blind builds and conveniently have some left over cedar from my pergola build, I decided to spend the weekend building the a bow blind I could use with the family. Started with an overall plan for 7 windows, door and a 6’6” height and nothing more – kind of planned as I went. I planned to use some 2x2 pine for the frame but quickly found out that they were crap and split way too easy. Went back to the cedar and framed it all with 2x2 cedar. Maybe this will hemp cover our scent for awhile...

After day 1, I looked up at the height and compared to the height of the garage – had to lop off 6” if I had any chance of getting it out of the garage.

After day 2 – most of the hard work is complete. I’ll get it painted black inside, get some windows and a roof and transport it to the lease on Thursday. I was pretty pumped with the outcome so far – now I just need to figure out how to get it in the trailer!
    Attached Files

Man that thing is sweet. I need to do this bad. Been hunting pop ups for years. Maybe it's time to get comfy...

Comment

Nice! What are the dimensions on your windows?

Comment

You're gonna love it... my advice is make those windows smaller. . I have a build thread of one almost exactly the same and my one regret is the windows are too big.. I partially cover them with burlap now because it's too open.. I put a two big eye bolts in the bottom of mine and with some two Xs and a come along I move mine by myself. At the lease I just reversed the loading process by using other eye bolt and a tree as an anchor

Comment

Looks awesome.

I love how almost every blind build I see has "now I just have to figure out how to get it thru the door or out of the garage" Lol

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Swweeeet!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice, I need to build one like that

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

The visible part of the window is 9 x 26. I wanted to make sure I have the wide enough - mainly for my wife and kids. If needed (as suggested) I might cover some with burlap. I also plan to put some wire fencing around the outside so I can brush it in with some cedar limbs. I'll take a photo once we get it planted at the lease...

Comment

Looks dang good so far!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Nice.

???. For octagonal bottoms, what is the degrees the boards need to be cut at? Is it 22.5? I think I started confusing myself with the math. Think it is right, just double checking.

Comment

Looks really good! I built my blind too and it ended up really heavy...took 4 of us to lift it into place. Good luck with the build!

Comment

Working...
                              X