No announcement yet.

Shop build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The roof is on!!! I still have to finish some minor dirt work and get it ready for the sheet metal before this weekend.
    Attached Files

Comment

Long weekend!!!!!!! We got the sheet metal roof and outside almost finished. The porch is the only missing section but, we have to install the door before we can complete that. Today we are going to install the sofit and trim pieces on the porch ceiling after work. Also, we got the steel porch support columns back from the shop. I have to sand/prime/paint them either tonight or tomorrow. I'll post another pic once we get the sheet metal trim installed.

Comment

pics of up date?....please.....

Comment

looking good

Comment

Took a week off to go on vacation but hit it hard this weekend!!! All of the metal is up!!!! Finished all the trim today minus the two down spouts on the front. Had to paint the posts first. Ill post some pics in the am.

Comment

That awning is going to be nice. A little extra shade for working on projects

Comment

Looking good!

Very similar to the one I've built in my head a thousand times. One day I will have a shop.

Comment

We are going to work on the bathroom walls and start the interior plywood this weekend. I will get some pics of the interior after we get those completed.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. Lets see inside.

Comment

Looking really good...

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                        .....My plan was to anchor bolts for 6" angle into the slab. Bolt the steel plate using grade 8 bolts to the anchored plates. Then use 4" angle to marry the corners and top. We will be framing the shop with wood instead of metal, hense not welding the corners and top in place.
                        Did you add this before the foundation was poured? Got pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          Did you add this before the foundation was poured? Got pictures?
                          Nope, went another direction. We have these massive anchor bolts that screw into the concrete. I will take pics of them this weekend.

Comment

Good job Robert. Looks good...

Comment

great job.wanna come build mine

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                                great job.wanna come build mine
                                Heck no!!!! I'm ready to be finished with this thing!!!!

We worked from 1230-8 yesterday on the bathroom walls!!!! 3" of plywood on the walls is taking some time!!!! We got the west wall completley finished and just framed up the other 3 so that the electricians can come get their stuff roughed in before monday. My BIL has a delay on the house he's working on, so monday he will be installing the plywood on the interior!!! Yeah!!!! One less thing I have to do!!!!!

We are using ring shank 2" and 4" nails and off setting the seams for this "saferoom". We are putting them every 4"... that's almost 3 racks of nails per layer per gun!!! I swear that west wall weighed 300 lbs!!! Its only 7' long!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X