Beads with my new welder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice!!
    Remember to hold a little longer at the end of the weld to remove the porosity at the very end.
    You will do fine!
    "If it ain't slagged, it wasn't done by a good welder"!

Comment

Originally posted by poisonivie View Post
      The 7018 needs to be run a lot hotter and pushed into the metal hard. don't drag the rod but push it into the direction of the weld.
      What do you mean "push it into the direction of the weld"?

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde E View Post
        Passed my horizontal fillet weld test.
        [ATTACH]504158[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH]504159[/ATTACH]
        Awesome weld!

Comment

if memory serves me, the 7018 is better with DCRP

Comment

Today I have been trying to weld overhead with inconel that stuff runs like water, it has been a frustrating day to say the least.

Comment

Your doing good. Its all about playing with the machine and rods. Your already running good beads. Burn 'em .

Comment

Originally posted by RGVBowHunter View Post
                What do you mean "push it into the direction of the weld"?
                I'm being literal. The usual way is to drag your hand and let the puddle build behind the rod. Its easier to make clean, straight welds. With 7018 and the large amount of flux on it, you need to push in the direction you are welding and let the arc clean ahead and not let the flux contaminate the weld. It'll keep from pinholeing your weld.

Comment

Look up,"videos of welding 7018 rods" Might help!

Comment

I kno this is an old post but im bored at work and I weld for a living...
                    Drag your rod a little bit at first to get it hot before you start your puddle will help eliminate it at your start. Move slow making tight consistant circles or U-shaped mostions should clear the purosity through the middle of the weld. As far as the rods go no they dont like moisture but if you give em a little drag they will heat up and remove moisture that has been absorbed in the rod and should be fine (mind you thats for projects not code) also depending on ur thickness of material you are welding determines your heat a little bit.. 3/32 7018 i run from 90-95 sometimes 100 if i have some really thick material

Comment

Working...
                    X