Shooter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooter?

If you have never shot a buck with a bow before and this buck was in front of you, would you shoot it?

I've shot two bucks, both smaller and I am on the fence with shooting this buck. My dad has never shot a buck or doe with his bow but I think he should let it fly on this guy.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tfrye; 09-21-2022, 12:37 PM.

Shoot whatever makes you happy, as long as its legal. Don't worry about others.

Personally, I hunt for meat, not antlers. That being said, I still like to let young ones walk, but I'm really not interested what's on the top of their head

Comment

For papa's first bow buck, yep.

Comment

I agree with shoot what makes you happy for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

In yalls situation you need to shoot whatever the heck you want.....doesnt matter what others think. Just always remember "They will never get any bigger once they're dead".

Comment

Pssssst whack!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am not asking what we should or shouldn't do. I am asking if this would be your first bow buck, would you shoot it?

Just a fun game to see what people say
              Last edited by tfrye; 09-21-2022, 01:11 PM.

Comment

If it’s brown, it’s down

Comment

I have not shot a buck with my bow and I would put it down if it was in front of me.

J

Comment

That buck is ten times better than my first bow buck. I would have been ecstatic to take that guy!

Comment

No justification needed. Go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                        I am not asking what we should or shouldn't do. I am asking if this would be your first bow buck, and this buck was in front of you, would you shoot it?

That is much bigger than my first buck. Yes, I would shoot it.

Comment

I’d shoot it in front, beside or even behind me

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                            I am not asking what we should or shouldn't do. I am asking if this would be your first bow buck, and this buck was in front of you, would you shoot it?

Haaa. My first bow buck was 150” plus on a paper mill land lease when we lived in DC/Virginia when I was a kid (12). Browning Drake Flightmaster bow with aluminum arrow. Bow was 60ish pounds and had to point to the sky to draw. Shot it around 50 yards with no pin/sight or release. Moron. That said, I would have shot a spike if it presented.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X