Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a lot of deer movement at all and not a large amount of snow, but at least there is some moisture I guess.

Comment

Well its good to be back. It's been 3 years since we got off our lease in Talpa. I'm happy to say I just got on a lease in the San Angelo area. Just outside Eldorado to be exact. Looking forward to bringing my kids so they can grow up hunting like I did. An added bonus is that I'll also be able to bring my dad. The ol man taught me everything about bowhunting.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Snow should put some much needed moisture in the ground if it ever thaws!

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

A few January pics. Bring on that snow.
          If I had that cabin on a place, I’d never leave! Awesome looking place.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Not a lot of deer movement at all and not a large amount of snow, but at least there is some moisture I guess.

it will add a little moisture in the ground when it melts

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
              it will add a little moisture in the ground when it melts

Hey appreciate the heads up… had no idea.. [emoji23][emoji23]

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16].

Last edited by Smart; 02-04-2022, 06:28 AM.

Comment

What cell game cam are yall using with dependable service that also use solar panels? I'm 5.5 hrs from my lease and I'd like to have a couple of cams that I don't have to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by huntr1117 View Post
                  What cell game cam are yall using with dependable service that also use solar panels? I'm 5.5 hrs from my lease and I'd like to have a couple of cams that I don't have to worry about.

I have a couple of tactacam reveals. You can buy solar panel batteries for them, but the new Reveal SK has an integral solar panel.

Comment

Originally posted by huntr1117 View Post

I have been using Covert Code Blacks with Amazon Basic rechargeable AAs and the Covert solar panel since early 2017 with great success. Running 4-6 at a time depending on the time of the year.

There are cheaper alternatives but I was already in before the cheaper alternatives came out.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      I have a couple of tactacam reveals. You can buy solar panel batteries for them, but the new Reveal SK has an integral solar panel.

X2 work great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

X2 on covert - been flawless since 2018

Comment

How’d y’all make out with the ice storms? Deer are hammered down on Cotton seed and protein - going to be an expensive year feeding, I feel

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo V View Post
                            How’d y’all make out with the ice storms? Deer are hammered down on Cotton seed and protein - going to be an expensive year feeding, I feel

Looks good on camera …. Deer are still hitting the feed hard and quick. We’ll know more next week about how we made it through when we check all the feedpen water stations … hopefully no big surprises . I keep seeing varmints pass through the pens on my Coverts so that usually means water is still in the troughs.

Comment

They seem to be hitting the cottonseed pretty dang hard. Raccoons sure love this style of feeder as well…
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                                This! I know people like coverts and stuff but where a Covert wouldn't get service I have two Tactacams that do no problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X