Homer Martin Ranch:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homer Martin Ranch:

Anyone have a report from Homer Martin Ranch. We will be going there next weekend.

It was really slow the first part of the season. I was there Nov 10-13. There had only been
    2 shooters killed, some culls, and some doe. Mostly due to acorns and green browse. The acorns are gone now, weren't many good ones when i was there. They have not had rain since the first week of Nov. ,and that wasn't much. When you get back, please update me
    on how the deer were coming to corn, and how many deer are being seen now.

Comment

Will do. Thanks for the update. Sounds like it's gonna be to warm when we're there but maybe we'll get a chance at something. Will repost when we get back.

Comment

Just got home from Homer's, still very hot, deer are just not coming to corn, if they find it they will only take a few nibbles and walk off, they were 10 of us hunting only 3 doe's 1 cull and I made a $300.00 bad judgement call, shot a nice 9 point late in evening and though he was a 5 to 5.5 but was only 4 to 4.5age, I am still very happy with him and I have been going to Homer's for 15yrs and first time I've made a mistake. Hunting is tough but still lots of deer there, trail cam's were full of pics, just not duting hunting hours.

God Bless
        Bish.

Comment

Congrats Bish....was this buck shot in your favorite spot again?

Comment

HMR Hunt Dec 6

Just got back from HMR. Although we had a great time, the deer did not co-operate. The weather was windy and hot. Acorns were on the ground still, but were not good due to insects. Heavily corned our hunting areas with little activity there. Collectively, me and my hunting partner saw 12 different deer. Small bucks and 1 doe. Deer sign was scarce with no rubs or scrapes noted. Hog sign was abundant. We have hunted there for 20 years with good success. It seems that the ranch has declined in deer numbers during the last 4 years. Hogs? I don't know. Only 1 other hunter besides us at the lodge.

Comment

Dvinson I sent those pics let me know if u dont get them. Sorry so late been busy.

Comment

Working...
              X