Dogs vs Cats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs vs Cats?

There were many animals in our house and on our property throughout my childhood years. Lots of great experiences with all the different animals, even the 'unpleasant moments' were sometimes funny afterwards. The point is that animals are great and I have been trying to give my kids the same experience.

Recently, there has been a debate within my house about which animal is better, the dog or the cat. Being a hunting forum I will not be surprised if dog wins the popularity vote. So what it is, dog or cat?

Cats are great in the barn but I'll never have another indoor cat. I'm a dog lover.

Comment

Dog for me.

Comment

Had both but not at the same time. If cats, if either sex are not fixed you can have them. Dogs, really does not matter. But these have all been city dwellers. My choice is dogs hands down.

Comment

I forgot my vote. Cats rule, dogs drool. I like dogs too so don't get me wrong. It's just that cats are easier to manage.

Comment

Dogs for me. Cats belong outdoors in barns.

Comment

This isn’t a debate.

The correct answer is dog.

Comment

Love my two dogs and there's not much I wouldn't do for them.

I tolerate our two cats, but they're great hunters and they occasionally let me pet them. Only plus side I can see about cats is when we leave town we don't have worry about whose going to watch them, just leave out food and water and they'll do their thing. All cats are ***holes by the way.

Comment

Cats are much cleaner, and the smartest animal I've ever had was a cat named Cub.
                  You could tell him to do something 1 time, and he would know it.
                  I could call him like a dog, and he stayed with me and followed me like a dog his entire life.
                  Like to killed me when he died.
                  Overall though, I would pick a dog as they are a better more useful companion in the end.

Comment

Dogs love you, cats loathe you.

Comment

I like both in small quantities. If you have too many of either one they're gross.

I only have dogs so I'd say dogs are my choice. Although a cat hangs around my place and I don't have mice so I like him too. He's not very friendly. He'd claw and bite the crap out of you if you picked him up.

Comment

Cats suck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                          Love my two dogs and there's not much I wouldn't do for them.

I tolerate our two cats, but they're great hunters and they occasionally let me pet them. Only plus side I can see about cats is when we leave town we don't have worry about whose going to watch them, just leave out food and water and they'll do their thing. All cats are ***holes by the way.

Sums up my situation pretty well.

The wife and I are in agreement, we are done with cats when the two we have go to cat heaven.

A barn cat makes sense, but we are barnless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            This isn’t a debate.

The correct answer is dog.
                            Dog vs cat

May as well ask...

Do you stay natural or manscape yourself bald?

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                              Dogs for me. Cats belong outdoors in barns.
                              Another cat person here. Our cat sleeps in my shop and stays in the house during the day. We let her stay and sleep in the house almost all summer due to the high summer heat and my shop is only insulated. Someone dumped her on the road near our house 10 years ago and I rescued her when she was just a kitten. Got our other cat the same way in 1998. I`ve had a shop for over 20 years and never seen a rat **** near my shop or house. I actually think the cats scent keeps mice and rats away. We`ve had cats for the past 25 years and no dogs since I was a kid almost 50 years ago. Never really understood the hatred for cats that some carry like a badge of honor. I always hate reading about someone's dog having to be put down because I`ve had to do the same thing with our cats. People feel just as strong about their cats and dog lovers do. Love them while you have them which ever you have, they are only here for a short while.

Comment

Working...
                              X