South Texas Hunter’s Thread 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
    Hope some of y'all got to hunt the dove opener today. Looks like it's going to rain for several days this week
    Forecast looks good for our place this weekend but we are far west near the river. Rain looks to be coming off the gulf. We aren't going to make it down until mid day Friday but should be good.

Comment

I think we’ll be good inland. The coast is showing a higher percentage.

Comment

Been down since Wednesday and we don’t have many doves. Got a lot of work done and had to hunt morning and evening to get 3 man limit of 45 birds.

Grass is tall so spent a good amount of time on the tractor but it’s nice to see the ponds full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pulled cards and did a little mowing today. Cows destroyed a pop up….. typical trip to the lease. Add 3 things to the list, scratch one off.

Comment

Well, no horns to brag about yet but the bucks are rolling fat after the rains. They all look old lol.

Comment

Webb county here! Just finished shredding and getting all the corn feeders filled. Time to fill doe tags!

Comment

Man, this is happening way too often lately. This is the 3rd time since July someone used our place as an escape route and busted through gates and fences.
                Yes, this is Duval county, but we’ve never had these problems before in the 9 years we’ve been here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We had to replace our main gate and DCP replaced a pipeline gate a few weeks back in Jim Hogg.

Comment

It's non-stop in Fal and Heb. Couple weeks ago BP was chasing some on our place in Fal and I had a chopper circling me in Heb while filling feeders.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody know if we got a push of new birds with the cool front? Doves were getting slim before the front at our place in Webb.

Comment

Anybody shooting any good bucks yet?

Comment

Comment

That's an awesome pic.

We finally had a good dove hunt last weekend at Heb.

Saw a lot more buck activity pick up on cameras with that weather last week.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got to get rid of these Javis.

I’ve got 100 plus and not really wanting to do feed pens but I may not have an option. Don’t mind seeing a few here and there but I’m seeing 15 to 20 at each feeder.

Need to have Pigman come down and let his whole crew kill 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                                Anybody shooting any good bucks yet?

October has been weird. We are seeing deer and they are coming to corn but nothing over 5 yo. The really big old bucks are staying in the brush it seems.

Comment

Working...
                                X