No announcement yet.

OFF Limits 2022- who are you saving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hunting public land elk and public land deer this year.....................if it's legal it's a go for me!

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
      Does the neighbor have a high fence on his other sides on your "no fence side"? Interested cause if its truly open those are pretty impressive deer and even better you have tagged deer from 12 years ago.

Great bucks regardless though!
      Were high fenced on 2 sides (9 continuous miles on south and west sides) we have zero fence, wide open on the north and east sides (7 continuous miles).

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
        Were high fenced on 2 sides (9 continuous miles on south and west sides) we have zero fence, wide open on the north and east sides (7 continuous miles).
        if my math is right that makes the place in the neighborhood of 10,000 acres. Plenty of room not to have to worry about neighbors too much. Deer could travel several miles and never leave the property.

Comment

Originally posted by phorizt View Post
          if my math is right that makes the place in the neighborhood of 10,000 acres. Plenty of room not to have to worry about neighbors too much. Deer could travel several miles and never leave the property.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
            This is a deer I call splitter. He’s a 4.5 yr old that I have some history of.
            Beautiful deer and some very unique looking country! Can't wait to see this deer in a couple years!

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post

Here’s 3 more definite off limits. The main frame 8 is a pretty young deer and is showing some pretty cool potential.

The narrow 10 with long beams is interesting as his age has been hard to pinpoint. He’s got tons of mass and We’re hoping he puts on 10” or so next year if we are close on our age estimates.

The wide 10 was a big 8 last year. He’s got at least this year and next being off limits. I killed what we assume to be his dad in 2019, was a main frame 10 with a sticker off the main beam and scored 151. I think this guy has potential to be bigger than that.

All native low fence deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              The narrow 10 (middle pic) is olllld bud. Y’all keeping him around for the genes? Heck of a nice buck for sure. He’s probably not got another year or two and go downhill. All just guessing here but just my thoughts.

Third pic, stud l. He’s gonna be a real ****** next year and the year after. Awesome deer..

Comment

I quit posting pics after seeing some of these bucks….goodness

Comment

Not shooting this one.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    Not shooting this one.
                    Yep, this one is easy to age! A little young!

Comment

Dang, nice looking deer. Yall are blessed to have something you would pass on.

Comment

This what I believe is 6 yo. Will be able to tell in another month. No history on him but probably came from the neighboring ranch to the south. Doesn’t mean someone else may get him though but I’d like to see him go another year. Good deer for our place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	095D7E2E-8B42-4E66-99B5-00751B8E5CCF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	24692198

Comment

Nice and tall.

Comment

This guy just showed up on camera for the first time this week. Hamilton county 6x5. I think w another year and some rain next year he could be something special for the area. Like most places the drought has been really bad but we never got a whole lot of rain and it is still extremely dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This one probably gets a pass cuz we'll have bigger ones cruising through late December. The only buck I've seen in camera without velvet in Jim Hogg. Pic taken 9-13.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X