Testify!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
    I absolutely could be wrong. Could you? My exit from the faith had nothing to do with any horrible life experience, it was simply studying the faith and it’s claims and not finding them credible. I care about truth, but unfortunately my experience with religion and Christianity in particular, is that most of it’s adherents do NOT. They care more for confirmation bias than factual truth. I am open but skeptical always

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are entitled to beliefs and won't argue about them ,but I'm not sure that I quite understand. If you are looking for proof then you find any. It is a religion based on faith. Since you studied the Word then you know that faith is the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things not seen. God does not force use to come unto Him but wants us of our own free will. If there is physical proof that we can see feel or taste then there would be no need for faith.It is by faith that we are saved. I may have misunderstood you and if I did I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
      You are entitled to beliefs and won't argue about them ,but I'm not sure that I quite understand. If you are looking for proof then you find any. It is a religion based on faith. Since you studied the Word then you know that faith is the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things not seen. God does not force use to come unto Him but wants us of our own free will. If there is physical proof that we can see feel or taste then there would be no need for faith.It is by faith that we are saved. I may have misunderstood you and if I did I apologize.

Yep, you don’t understand. I am not requiring “proof” of the Christian God. What I am saying is I found “proof” that he isn’t real. You also don’t understand what it means to have “faith” in Jesus Christ for salvation. In the bible it means simply trusting Jesus is the Savior and that he alone can save you, not that you “ hope God is real” kind of faith

Comment

Yep, you don’t understand. I am not requiring “proof” of the Christian God. What I am saying is I found “proof” that he isn’t real. You also don’t understand what it means to have “faith” in Jesus Christ for salvation. In the bible it means simply trusting Jesus is the Savior and that he alone can save you, not that you “ hope God is real” kind of faith

Prove and disprove are one in the same.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
          Prove and disprove are one in the same.

Mkay

Comment

Mkay

If I prove there is a God then I disprove there isn't one and vice versa. But as was said, it's about faith not proof.

Comment

I’ll play…You came on a thread of Christian’s testifying of their faith to say you found proof that Jesus isn’t real from the Bible? Mkay, I’ve read it a few times myself and disagree, I’ve seen His work and witnessed miracle upon miracle in my lifetime that words and science cannot explain and more importantly I don’t need them to, I know the Truth.

Maybe you can tell us next about contradictions in scripture, secret codes, or some other literary conflict or conspiracy and then I can counter with John 3:16? You possibly want to know and feel satisfied intellectually that Christ is real, I get it (did a little time at Harvard myself) and will pray for that revelation for you but do note that it could require you to humble yourself to see it, that a possibility or do you already know too much? Sorry for my tone, I’m still struggling with the whole turn the cheek thing but thankfully my God is patient, really patient

OP I just came across this thread, some really powerful testimonies, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                I’ll play…You came on a thread of Christian’s testifying of their faith to say you found proof that Jesus isn’t real from the Bible? Mkay, I’ve read it a few times myself and disagree, I’ve seen His work and witnessed miracle upon miracle in my lifetime that words and science cannot explain and more importantly I don’t need them to, I know the Truth.

Maybe you can tell us next about contradictions in scripture, secret codes, or some other literary conflict or conspiracy and then I can counter with John 3:16? You possibly want to know and feel satisfied intellectually that Christ is real, I get it (did a little time at Harvard myself) and will pray for that revelation for you but do note that it could require you to humble yourself to see it, that a possibility or do you already know too much? Sorry for my tone, I’m still struggling with the whole turn the cheek thing but thankfully my God is patient, really patient

OP I just came across this thread, some really powerful testimonies, thanks for sharing!

Ok you win

Comment

Ok you win

Agree, but not because of me. You’re in my prayers

Comment

Ok you win

Those convictions aren't very strong if you give up that easily. Prayers for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      Those convictions aren't very strong if you give up that easily. Prayers for ya.
                      Likewise

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post

I agree with you ten fold. I’ve signed on and read his post a dozen times and wanted to post, but a still small voice told me to scroll on by and think on it more.
                        I sincerely think that he’s reaching out and not really convinced of his statement.
                        I challenge each one of you to pray earnestly for this brother’s soul and that circumstances will convince him of the real truth that God is real and there’s no better life than having Him as your Savior.
                        I can’t imagine living without His daily fellowship in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                          I agree with you ten fold. I’ve signed on and read his post a dozen times and wanted to post, but a still small voice told me to scroll on by and think on it more.
                          I sincerely think that he’s reaching out and not really convinced of his statement.
                          I challenge each one of you to pray earnestly for this brother’s soul and that circumstances will convince him of the real truth that God is real and there’s no better life than having Him as your Savior.
                          I can’t imagine living without His daily fellowship in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Sir, I will most certainly join you in prayer for this man to one day this side of the grave to become my brother in Christ, but he is NOT my brother right now. Only he can change that. My prayer is that he will be finally convicted and reach a point where his blindness and hard-heartedness can be overcome with eyes for Christ and a contrite and broken heart that yearns for Christ.

Comment

I have said for years that one will never know a blessing until he knows what a blessing looks like. The same can be said of not seeing God until you know what God really looks like.

Comment

It’s a matter of perspective whether it’s a shame. I’m rather grateful that I have come to my conclusions, but I understand where you would think that.

Not sure what to share, it was a very long process that took decades. Long story short, it was my yearning for truth that led me to my convictions. I understand this isn’t a very popular one, especially on a hunting site in Texas, lol. I will say this, I am not anti-Christian, and I share similar values as most Christians so we would be lock step concerning most moral issues, but it was my long, in-depth study of the Scriptures that led me to conclude they are in no way “Divine” in nature or come from any “God”., and hence Christianity is not any sense an absolute truth, nor is it’s story of a divine savior true or trustworthy

Jason

I respect and love ya, man.

Many times I’ve seen God at work in my life and he’s revealed himself in mighty ways to me and my family.

I held my Dad’s hand as he took his last breath…Dad passed away on January 25, 2019 due to cancer.

Here’s what I wrote for his funeral. My wife read this for me that day. Although I had peace with dad’s passing I wasn’t able or ready to speak in that setting.

It’s a long read but God was with us the entire time. Towards the end of my words…I touch on an example on how God was with us revealing him self to both me and my Dad weeks, days leading up to Dad’s passing.

Here’s what I wrote for my Dad’s funeral….

As for me personally, and our family. . . We will live out our faith. I would like to thank everyone who had a hand in caring for my dad and for all who have loved on him.

I would like to publicly thank Mom for everything she has done for Dad and our family. Mom and Dad were married 46 years and she has stood by his side the entire way. We love you, Mom.
                              The last 6 years were very hard with Dad’s health, but my Mom is Strong. She
                              took amazing care of Dad each and every day. Dad was in good hands.
                              Dad. . .
                              Was an incredibly caring and kind soul. He deeply cared about people and always put others first. Dad would talk to anybody; it never mattered if he knew them or not. He was not bashful about asking personal questions. Before long in conversation he would know in depth details about them and their families. Dad wasn’t politically correct, nor was he afraid to ask whatever was on his mind. Oftentimes I would get embarrassed about his approach. But now I look back and I understand my Dad in a whole new light. Dad never knew a stranger. What he was doing was trying to genuinely get to know them in a short time. Dad never turned down helping someone in need.
                              As a kid I can remember Dad bringing people over to our house that he just met. Whether it be their car was broke down on the side of the road, or simply they just needed help in some way. When I say, “he brought them over to our house,” I mean he brought them in and fed them. Over the course of our lives, I can’t tell you how many “strangers” or friends have eaten lunch or supper with us at our table. He would always send food home with them as well.
                              I think Dad’s main mission in life was to see that everyone was well-fed.
                              I can strongly say Dad LOVED this great country. He was a strong and proud American. I could tell he was so proud to serve his country in both the Navy and Marines. He served as a corpsman in Vietnam, and to this day, he loved his Marines. These things I do know.
                              Dad loved God, his country, and all his family (especially his grandkids) and friends. The two things that stand out most for me with Dad, whether in his conversation or his daily life: was his Marines and food.
                              Back in 2012, and until the present, I grabbed and held on tight to this Bible verse: Matthew 11:28 “Jesus said, ‘Come to me, ALL of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.’”
                              These last 6 years were hard, especially the last 3 months. Dad and I promised each other we would start and finish his Chemo/Radiation treatment and we did. My Dad is Strong! Dad has gone through a lot. Yet, he has never complained. It was one thing after another, but Dad would always say, “I keep getting knocked down, but I’ll keep getting up.” And he did- time after time.
                              He lived and suffered great pain, physically and mentally, but my dad is strong.
                              Through Dad’s recent health issues, also comes great blessings.
                              Although my heart has been broken and crushed watching Dad suffer, it has also brought us extremely close together. I am truly thankful for this.
                              I have sat many days with him and had a lot of good talks, as well as sad conversations. I know Dad was carrying a lot of horrible “stuff” as well. I’ve heard it come out verbally as he’s having one of his nightmares and/or flashbacks to Vietnam. It breaks my heart hearing him as he sleeps, reliving those days overseas.
                              I would like to also publicly thank our military and all who have or currently are serving our great country. I am very proud of our military, and especially my Dad.
                              I will desperately miss not being able to take my dad deer hunting anymore. But I will cherish the memories we have made.
                              These last few weeks are a blur. But I would like to share something with everyone here today.
                              Our God is real. Our God is in control. My God is merciful. My God loves us.
                              On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 around 5:45 pm or so, my dad was lying in his bed at home. He was in incredible pain. Dad and I talked again about everything he wanted done, and his wishes. I know he was still carrying a lot of baggage. I told Dad to give it all to God. We then prayed together.
                              Dad talked about how he loved Mom. He appreciates her more than she will ever know. He also talked with me about his love for all the grandkids. He loved them so much, and he wanted us kids to know how much he loved us. He also wanted to make sure we’d have enough food for Sundays at lunch. He knew he wouldn’t be there for it.
                              I then promised Dad I would be there with him and by his side until the end. I told him I had his back. I held his hand as he cried himself to sleep, in pain. As he was facing the other side of the bed, I kneeled down in tears, and started praying to God, silently. I poured my heart to our Lord and Savior. I first thanked God for my dad, and then Mom. I begged God to touch my dad -I couldn’t watch his suffering anymore- and for His perfect will to be done. As I’m praying this, and Dad is sound asleep, I can hear my dad in a peaceful voice saying, “Lord, I hear you! Lord, I hear you!” I looked up for a second at Dad, and he was still asleep, but calm. In that moment I felt the mighty presence of our Lord. He was with us in a special way that I can’t really put into words. I immediately started thanking and praising God. God hears our prayers!!!
                              I left soon after and was heading home in my truck. As I was driving, I called out to God once again, in tears. This time it was like I’ve never done before. I screamed out to God with everything I had in me . . . from my bones, my soul, and my heart. I gave it all to God- everything I was carrying. I gave him my dad, whom I was desperately holding on to.
                              I got home soon after and did something that I’ve never really done before. I looked for a notebook and started pouring out my heart to God in written words.
                              At 9:01 pm on January 16, 2019, after thanking God immensely for his continued blessings, I kept on with my writing:
                              God, please take away my dad’s pain.
                              My heart hurts.
                              God, please reveal yourself to my dad in a mighty way. Cover him with your love.
                              God, I know you walk before Dad and will make his path perfect. Thank you, God, for my dad.
                              At 9:18 pm Dad called me. I hadn’t been finished writing for very long. I answered, “Dad, is everything ok?”
                              He told me the Lord woke him up and was speaking to him. Dad said he managed to get up and into his wheelchair by himself. He wanted to go outside and look up at the sky. Dad told me the Lord told him not to fear death.
                              Dad said he felt the need to call me and tell me what just happened. Dad then said, “I will face death, head on.”

Today, I want to emphasize:
                              I know God hears us when we pray!!
                              I know God answers prayers!!
                              I know God loves us!!!
                              I know God is with us!!!
                              I know Dad is no longer in pain.
                              And I know my dad is in Heaven with the King of Kings.
                              Although for many days leading up, Dad wasn’t able to open his eyes or move, Dad gave us one more gift right before noon on January 25, 2019. With his eyes still closed, he moved his head and we saw the biggest smile I have ever seen him give. His whole face lit up. It was the look of pure happiness. It was beautiful.
                              At that time, I deeply believe he saw the face of Jesus!
                              Last edited by Bone Thug; 03-08-2022, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Bone Thug, thank you for that testimony! I cried out loud reading those last couple thoughts! One of my co-workers came into my office and asked what's wrong... I just shook my head "nothing" and smiled...
                                God bless you sir. What a great example of honoring your mother and your father!

Comment

Working...
                                X