Brushy hill 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy hill 2020

Anyone going to Brushy Hill early season? Please give update on ranch conditions and what you saw.

I know last year was one of the best years for deer movement we’ve seen since we started going.

Comment

Last year was definitely one of the best years for deer movement since we started going as well. Passed on a beautiful buck last year at 15 yds. Just a little short on the spread and I didn't want to take a chance. We are heading out the week before Christmas.

Comment

Just got back and had a blast. Hunted Thursday PM - Saturday AM (4 sits). I had deer in kill zone every hunt. I missed a pretty good 8 pt @ 22 yards (4.5-5 yr old 118-122"), I shot right over his back like a moron. I ended up with a doe on Friday Morning and a Doe on Saturday Morning. Both were of good quality with very quick recoveries on both. For any first timers, I would caution you to have an open mind and listen to the advice of Nick as he spends almost everyday on this ground(13,000 acres). Camphouse was clean, water in shower was hot, AC blew cold,and the toilet never clogged. I look forward to coming back!
        Last edited by Black_foot_; 10-17-2020, 01:42 PM. Reason: i cant spell

Comment

Congratulations on getting some more Venison in your freezer. It was a pleasure meeting you Friday AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smvjr1 View Post
            Congratulations on getting some more Venison in your freezer. It was a pleasure meeting you Friday AM.
            Thanks! Was nice to meet yall!

Comment

Congrats!, yes good to meet you and drive part of the pasture friday a.m. As stated above we are excited about going out in mid-Dec.

Comment

Hey Black_foot,. Sounds like you had a good time. Were you doing your own hand Corning in your hunting area before each hunt? Sounds like they were coming to corn well. The Texas drought monitor has shown that area being in a drought for a while what did the ranch look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_foot_ View Post
                  ..... Camphouse was clean, water in shower was hot, AC blew cold,and the toilet never clogged. I look forward to coming back!
                  That is all you can ask for!

I need to look at making a trip out there. Maybe I can talk the Deerslayer into a trip.

Comment

Originally posted by dvinson View Post
                    Hey Black_foot,. Sounds like you had a good time. Were you doing your own hand Corning in your hunting area before each hunt? Sounds like they were coming to corn well. The Texas drought monitor has shown that area being in a drought for a while what did the ranch look like?
                    Yessir. I used half to one gallon sized ziplock bag for each sit. These are pressured deer so I would not recommend dumping the corn into a pile. It is not very green out there so local browse isn't in the best shape. Although every deer I saw was healthy so they are getting protein from somewhere.

Comment

Any updates ?

Comment

I will be heading to Hog heaven tomorrow. Hope we have some luck.

Comment

When you get a chance, please give me an update on how the deer are coming to corn and how many you saw, etc

Comment

Good luck!! Look forward to your report.

Comment

It is dry at the ranch! Deer are coming to corn, we knocked down 4 doe and a turkey. Another group had 2 spikes and a doe when we left today. Shooters were seen on a few hunts. We hunted the south pasture.

Comment

Working...
                              X