Rice bran feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rice bran feeder

Anyone have a cheap design for a rice bran feeder that keeps the hogs out that deer actually use.
    I don't use feed pens yet anyone that uses feed pen in east texas do you only use corn or do you mix it up.
    I have a lot of coons also so I'd like to not feed them either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Only way to keeep hogs out of rice bran is to put it behind a fence

Comment

There is no such thing as a cheap rice bran feeder that will keep hogs out.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        There is no such thing as a cheap rice bran feeder that will keep hogs out.
        True!

Comment

I use the 55 gallon barrel with cuts in it. Someone posted it in here a year or two ago. It had an inverted corn funnel inside.
          It works ok but when it gets low it won't feed out as easy.

Comment

If you want a First class Rice brand feeder

Fortress Feeders, Rice Bran Feeder, Timed, Coon Proof - serving Texas

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
              I use the 55 gallon barrel with cuts in it. Someone posted it in here a year or two ago. It had an inverted corn funnel inside.
              It works ok but when it gets low it won't feed out as easy.

It was me. I’ve used one for several years. It works great, but I don’t have hogs where I use it. You may need to make your cuts a little larger. Mine gets completely emptied.

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
                If you want a First class Rice brand feeder

https://fortressfeeders.com/

He wants a “cheap design.”

Fortress makes the best rice bran feeder for sure. If money wasn’t an obstacle I’d own several of them.
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 08-16-2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

It was me. I’ve used one for several years. It works great, but I don’t have hogs where I use it. You may need to make your cuts a little larger. Mine gets completely emptied.

Can you share a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
                    Can you share a pic?

Here is the original version. I went back and made the openings a little larger than this pic shows. Inside is a plastic deer feeder funnel turned upside down. That allows the rice bran to flow out towards the openings.

I also use a pvc pipe simply attached to a tree and a opening cut out at the bottom. Deer will knock that pipe around and get every bit of rice bran out of it.

Comment

I may need to. I think they were like 6 inches long x2 high. It feeds great until about the last 25 pounds. Hogs ate on it last year but no pics yet this year of them on it.

Comment

Fortress Feeders, Rice Bran Feeder, Timed, Coon Proof - serving Texas

Comment

Those get wet once they clog right up is the problem

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                            Those get wet once they clog right up is the problem
                            Yep.

It’s hard to see in my pic, but I cut out the squares and left it connected at the top to make a roof over the opening. That has kept the water off my rice bran, and prevents any clogging

Comment

Working...
                            X