Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retirement question for those who have....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement question for those who have....

Im 60 years old. Ive worked my whole life since like 16 years old. I want to retire and be a professional full contact grandpa! How do I even find out what I need to do. I do t care a out the money. Thanks in advance everyone! Feel free to PM anything if you might think will help.

If money and insurance aren't an issue, what are you waiting for? I retired to care for my mother a little before I was 60 and haven't looked back. One thing I found out was even with more traveling we lived on less and seem to have have more than when we worked. We don't do a lot of eating out and even bought an RV for our travel.
    We love it, if you can afford it, just jump ship and learn to swim.
    Come on in the waters fine.

Comment

At less than 65, health insurance is going to be your biggest issue unless you qualify for disability.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
        At less than 65, health insurance is going to be your biggest issue unless you qualify for disability.
        Im sure 26 years of riding bulls may qualify me. I dont want to be a sponge just want to see how to even start the process.

Comment

I think you just go in and give your two week notice. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rr 314 View Post
            i think you just go in and give your two week notice. :-)

take this job and shove it!

Comment

If you think you have a shot at getting disability, there are attorneys who specialize in running that gauntlet and it is a gauntlet. My wife applied for disability when she was about 62. She has Multiple Scleroses and started having issues with her eyes. Our attorney referred her to an attorney who specialized in SS disability. Fast forward about a year and a half later, SS decided she was disabled. She was examined by an MD and a psychologist and based upon their determination she was declared disabled, retroactive to about when she applied for disability. The weird thing was SSA paid the attorney directly for their fee so there was nothing out of pocket for us.

Comment

Make an appointment with social security and go sign up.
                Medicare is the tricky one, there’s a window that you need to sign up in. My understanding is that is right when you turn 65.
                All of this is secondhand from my dad.

Comment

Originally posted by spur View Post
                  Im sure 26 years of riding bulls may qualify me. I dont want to be a sponge just want to see how to even start the process.
                  My wife and I are retired and in our early 60’s. We are paying $18,000.00 per year with a $6,500.00 deductible for BCBS private plan Bronze insurance.

Just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                    My wife and I are retired and in our early 60’s. We are paying $18,000.00 per year with a $6,500.00 deductible for BCBS private plan Bronze insurance.

Just FYI.
                    Ouch... yeah Im probably dreaming. Ill work up till at least lunch time on the day I die most likely

Comment

Working...
                    X