Kansas Big 7 Euro back home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas Big 7 Euro back home

Some of you may remember I shot this deer late November in KS last season and couldn't find him. I was pretty sick not knowing whether he made it or not. Around mid March I got a text from my buddy saying one of his farmer's he leases from let an Amish guy nearby fish his pond and he found a deadhead on the pond bank. Once he got pic of the head we knew it was my buck, the Big 7. So needless to say I was pumped to have closure and know that ultimately the shot was fatal, but I don't think it was a quick death unfortunately, but we all know that happens in bowhunting.

I got my hands on him in July when we went up for a work weekend and brought him back to TX. I had already been talking to Jake "Lost Cajun" on TBH about a potential Euro if the head wasn't in too bad of shape. When I gave him the head he did mention it would be hard to get the tough leather-like skin off the skull after being sunbaked for awhile and he wasn't sure he could get very white but would work hard to make it look good.

Jake kept me updated on the process and had a quick turnaround time for what he had to work with. I think it turned out awesome. He mounted the head on a plaque I found online that I liked.

Thanks again to Lost Cajun (Jake) for helping me do the buck justice after a tough deal not finding him in November. Give Jake a PM if you need a buck euro'd.

I scored him just before hanging him on the wall if anyone wants to take a stab at scoring a Kansas 7 point!
    Attached Files

Hard to tell on score, but not really important. Cool lucking buck and I’m glad you were able to at least recover the head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great. Congrats!

Comment

Last year before shedding velvet
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking mount, glad you recovered it.

Comment

That’s cool! Looks good

Comment

GREAT buck!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                Some of you may remember I shot this deer late November in KS last season and couldn't find him. I was pretty sick not knowing whether he made it or not. Around mid March I got a text from my buddy saying one of his farmer's he leases from let an Amish guy nearby fish his pond and he found a deadhead on the pond bank. Once he got pic of the head we knew it was my buck, the Big 7. So needless to say I was pumped to have closure and know that ultimately the shot was fatal, but I don't think it was a quick death unfortunately, but we all know that happens in bowhunting.

I got my hands on him in July when we went up for a work weekend and brought him back to TX. I had already been talking to Jake "Lost Cajun" on TBH about a potential Euro if the head wasn't in too bad of shape. When I gave him the head he did mention it would be hard to get the tough leather-like skin off the skull after being sunbaked for awhile and he wasn't sure he could get very white but would work hard to make it look good.

Jake kept me updated on the process and had a quick turnaround time for what he had to work with. I think it turned out awesome. He mounted the head on a plaque I found online that I liked.

Thanks again to Lost Cajun (Jake) for helping me do the buck justice after a tough deal not finding him in November. Give Jake a PM if you need a buck euro'd.

I scored him just before hanging him on the wall if anyone wants to take a stab at scoring a Kansas 7 point!
                Did you buy that plaque or make it?
                Great buck congratulations
                Last edited by Yakfishin; 09-18-2020, 08:21 PM. Reason: Q

Comment

Really cool buck. How wide was he? Looks to be 20-21 at least

Comment

Originally posted by Yakfishin View Post
                    Did you buy that plaque or make it?
                    Great buck congratulations
                    Thanks, found plaque on Etsy when googling them. Like ~$30

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
                    Really cool buck. How wide was he? Looks to be 20-21 at least
                    He was 23 7/8" wide. Widest buck I've ever seen in the wild

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                      Thanks, found plaque on Etsy when googling them. Like ~$30

He was 23 7/8" wide. Widest buck I've ever seen in the wild
                      Any chance for a link. I really like that.
                      Thanks

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Sweet buck! Shot in the dark..138

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Yakfishin View Post
                            Any chance for a link. I really like that.
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                              Sweet buck! Shot in the dark..138

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                              Pretty close. I taped him out at 142 7/8”

Comment

Working...
                              X