No announcement yet.

** Academy $29 Dollar Muddy Trail Cams **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife went and set up 3 wednesday. Should go pull cards next week to see what we got.

Comment

I went looking for them today and didn’t find them . Found the 109 dollar cellular camera .

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
        ^^^ Nice!

So, I put one out A few days ago with hopes of getting pics of a few regular visitors to my feeder in the back yard.

Went this morning to pull the card and when I opened the door where switches are at, I noticed it was blinking “No SD”. Took old card out, and put new card in. Same thing. Took it out a few times thinking it was just a bad connection. Couldn’t get it to connect.

When I initially set it, it did the count down, so not sure what happened. No pics on card at all.

Took it home and put a different card in it and it started the count down as it should. Put it back out. Will check in a few days. If same issue occurs again, I might return it.
        I have a couple of cameras that do that. Seems they like a particular SD card.

Comment

Pulled my cards today. Not bad at all

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Muddy also has a $99 Cell Camera at academy. Uses the Stealth cam App. Guess all the internal goodies in the Muddy cams are made by stealth cam.

Comment

Thanks for the pics! ^^^ not bad at all!

Comment

I just bought 2 to try out. BTW Port Arthur academy had 2 more when I left.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        So we are talking about $20-40 game cameras lol.

The people who spend $100-170 on the top rated ones must be stupid lol.

All I will say, is buy a real one and then we will see how you feel
                        I have bought "real" ones. I have spent the big bucks on cameras, lots of them going all the way back to the good ole 35mm days and homebrew cams. For me the tasco takes pics that are plenty high quality for me and last just as long as some high end ones. Only reason to spend more money IMO is to get a cellular cam, but I dont have cell service in the woods I hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                          I have bought "real" ones. I have spent the big bucks on cameras, lots of them going all the way back to the good ole 35mm days and homebrew cams. For me the tasco takes pics that are plenty high quality for me and last just as long as some high end ones. Only reason to spend more money IMO is to get a cellular cam, but I dont have cell service in the woods I hunt
                          X2.....Just checked mine this weekend and it takes great pics.
                          I will be going to Wal-Mart and get some more!!!

Comment

Im really tempted to try these since academy has such a good return policy.

My past experiences with cheapo cameras has been that they weren't worth it. Pic quality, speed, range, etc are rarely the problem. Them burning up $20-$23 in lithium batteries in a week is where they get expensive.

Comment

Well, went and pulled the card this morning from my one camera overlooking a feeder.

7 sets of pics for a total of 21 pics on the card. Camera was set out on 18th. I know critters visit it often as I can see them from the house going to the feeder.

18 of the pictures were nice and clear. 1 picture was black, the other 2 said file not supported.

I will be returning that camera back to academy and putting the second I purchased out. May just return both and go try the Walmart Tasco’s.

Have a bachelor group of young bucks hitting it that was nice to see. But overall disappointing.

Comment

I put one out last Saturday, will check it this weekend. I set it to video because it seems the single pic mode might be a little slow. We'll see.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X