Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite hunting day of the year (in your area)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd weekend of November. Always good deer movement.

Comment

Well when I hunted in Oklahoma the last 7 years the best days seemed to be November 7-11 For the most deer movement.

Comment

Opening morning bow season. Something special about hearing that first thwack of the year and then swearing to never kill another deer in the 90 degree heat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dec 25th-Jan 1st!

Comment

Opening weekend of waterfowl is like religion in Chambers County Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
              A little offseason discussion...need as much as we can get these days! Post up your favorite day of the year to be in deer woods. Make sure to specify what area you hunt. Obviously, a lot of it has to do with a nice cold front moving through, but assuming you get the weather you want, which day do you normally circle on the calendar to be "sick" or take vacation days. Ill start:

October 31st
              Angelina County

Any front within 3-4 days of Halloween (before or after) seems to be magic in the area I hunt. Usually its right before all the bucks get locked down with hot does and are still chasing hard and moving during daylight hours.
              I have taken some really good deer in Walker and Angelina county around that exact time.

Comment

Thanksgiving

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                  A little offseason discussion...need as much as we can get these days! Post up your favorite day of the year to be in deer woods. Make sure to specify what area you hunt. Obviously, a lot of it has to do with a nice cold front moving through, but assuming you get the weather you want, which day do you normally circle on the calendar to be "sick" or take vacation days. Ill start:

October 31st
                  Angelina County

Any front within 3-4 days of Halloween (before or after) seems to be magic in the area I hunt. Usually its right before all the bucks get locked down with hot does and are still chasing hard and moving during daylight hours.
                  Yep. Spot on. Halloween day is my favorite

Comment

November 11

Comment

Late October / early November. Angelina County.

Comment

11/9 - 11/11

Comment

I love early december, have cold days and our deer move good. I am retired and last year i went to the lease on TG and came home a couple days before xmas, it was awesome. Planning the same this year

Comment

Any time I get to go ..other than opening weekend/big holidays...

Comment

November 8th.... I don’t know why but several years I have rattled in mature bucks that day.

Comment

December 10th in South Texas is when the rut really starts to kick off. Favorite time of year!

Comment

Working...
                                X