Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has received a hunting or fishing ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing without a license when I was young. I guess I must have been 17 since I got a ticket for something like $33 dollars I believe. This was back in the 80s so it's been a while.

Comment

Never. And I have only got 3 tickets from police. ( two speeding and one trailer registration )

Comment

Got one for dove hunting shot 2 Inca doves while the game warden was next to us I was young and didn’t know they were endangered species hefty fine to pay plus restitution

Comment

Been on the receiving end of 2. One for shooting too early on the Anahuac Refuge. I was early by 2 minutes and the biologist at the gate had given us a time different than what the GW believed it was. He was a real Richard in the field, but allowed us to continue hunting. Once we tracked him down after our hunt, his attitude was completely different. We chewed the fat for quite a while. That was roughly 11 years ago.

Second was for a branch antlers buck having a spread less than 13". It was a young, green gw warden in DeWitt County. The buck was an older deer and needed to go as he was a spike on one side. He had a small antler mass down near his bur on the unbranched side that I never saw prior to shooting. Even after shooting, I didn't think much of it. Didn't feel it was a point. GW felt differently obviously. To top it off, when I headed home I left the head with the antlers back at camp. Thankfully I didn't get stopped on the way home. I would have gotten another ticket. When we went back, the head was gone.

Comment

I've never gotten a ticket, but I paid one. I was guiding a hunt one time and my guy killed a deer. I quartered it up for him and put the meat in his cooler for the trip home. When checked by the warden at the lodge, we couldn't find the tag anywhere (I usually put it in the cooler with the meat). I know we tagged it because I cut the dates out for him and filled in the county. Anyway, the hunter got the ticket, but I told I'd take care of it and I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Zjesse22 View Post
              Got one for dove hunting shot 2 Inca doves while the game warden was next to us I was young and didn’t know they were endangered species hefty fine to pay plus restitution
              Not endangered, just protected.

Comment

1.Shot a crossbreed whitetail/muledeer doe. They told me Texas did not recognize crossbreeds. $347 ticket, $800 restitution. Told us , wink, wink, sometimes you cannot find the deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got one for forgetting to check a box on back of license. Cost me $175
                  Brought all paperwork to him and tried to do the right thing and then came the ticket.

Comment

Game warden gave me a no seat belt ticket once. And I got another for no life jacket in a peddle boat. I was 10' off the bank just shuffling some of our stuff around a point. Ticked me off at the time, but the law is the law.

Comment

I got one from a GW in Martin Dies park back in the 80's for traveling at an unsafe speed. Speed limit was 25, I was doing about 15 because there were folks walking. I ask him to but my speed on the ticket but he refused & the cash cow machine for the County JP got my money.
                      Last edited by Monark; 07-29-2020, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Filled in the dates On a doe tag with a pen and intended to cut them out at camp when I had access to a knife. Well guess who was waiting in camp when we pulled up.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                          1.Shot a crossbreed whitetail/muledeer doe. They told me Texas did not recognize crossbreeds. $347 ticket, $800 restitution. Told us , wink, wink, sometimes you cannot find the deer.

I'm confused by this one. Did you get the ticket for shooting the deer? Tagging it incorrectly?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                            I'm confused by this one. Did you get the ticket for shooting the deer? Tagging it incorrectly?

Yes, they said it was a mule deer, not a whitetail.

Comment

In 69 the GW knew we had a crank telephone and waited at our camp we came up from the river and said wheres the telephone. My smart mouth cuz told him to follow the lines to the house. he wrote us a ticket for suspicion and cost us 25 dallors each. I was 14.
                              the second one was in 86 and
                              i shot a buck on my side of the fence and he ran back. it is a long story that went down hill and ended up with me tell the GW to let the fat little philsberry doboy out of the car and I would whupp his azz. cost me $250

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                                Yes, they said it was a mule deer, not a whitetail.

Gotcha. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X