Anxiety in a dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxiety in a dog

Anyone have any advice for a dog with sever anxiety? It seems to have just gotten out of hand in the last 2 months. Nothing has really changed. He’s always been out side. Always had another dog with him. But in the last 2 months he has started chewing the hurricane fence to the point of making a hole and getting out of the yard. When he is in the yard he whines constantly! We tried some of the cheaper calming chewable from Tractor supply but no help. I am at my whits end. If I come home and play with him to “wear” him out, he just gets louder when I do come in.

Any help?

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
    Anyone have any advice for a dog with sever anxiety? It seems to have just gotten out of hand in the last 2 months. Nothing has really changed. He’s always been out side. Always had another dog with him. But in the last 2 months he has started chewing the hurricane fence to the point of making a hole and getting out of the yard. When he is in the yard he whines constantly! We tried some of the cheaper calming chewable from Tractor supply but no help. I am at my whits end. If I come home and play with him to “wear” him out, he just gets louder when I do come in.

Any help?
    My sisters Great Dane is on Prozac from the vet. Without it he’s a lot like your dog. With it he still has some anxiety but is calmer.

Comment

What kind of dog? If its energy, take him to the river and let him off the leash. Water wears em out twice as fast. How old is he?

Comment

is he cut?

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
          is he cut?
          First question that popped up in my head too

Comment

Age=6
            Cut=yes
            Breed=mixed mutt

Comment

We just bought a white sound machine for our dog that freaks at thunder and fireworks. It has 5 settings like sea - thunder storm - white noise. They are cheep..................

Comment

Working...
              X