New F-250 Tremor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    Man, I guess my previous post didn't make it. Here is a shorter version.

OP--great looking truck. I told myself I would never go bigger than factory tires or add a lift to a truck. As this is factory package my streak is still alive. I really like it but have not even put it in 4WD yet. I bought an 8" drop hitch but seems like a 6" would be adequate. It tows just as good as my other 'strokes without the lift/tires.

I had people asking me about the Tremor package everywhere I went the first week. I grew weary and removed the decals. Man, I like the looks a lot better without them. To each his own.

I bought a Retrax bed cover (that I used to make fun of). :-) That likely helped a tad on MPG on the highway. After spending almost four hours cleaning out and organizing the contents of my toolbox I said never again! I (surprisingly) really like the bed cover!

I received my title in the mail last week--so I thought. I went to open the envelope and it was surgically opened with no title to be found! Ooooof. Upon closer inspection there was a receipt for unlimited car washes for a year and a note from my wife which read, "Title is in the safe--you WILL wash this truck!" I think I have already had this sled washed more than my last truck I had for 6 years and 300K miles.

Can’t complain about the car washes!

Already looking at the retrax as well! Had the Peragon on my last truck, but like the T-Tracks on the retrax for mounting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
      Can’t complain about the car washes!

Already looking at the retrax as well! Had the Peragon on my last truck, but like the T-Tracks on the retrax for mounting.

I have always washed my cars; however, generally like a nice layer of protective dirt on my trucks. It appears those days are over.

The retrax is really nice for what it is. Hope you enjoy the new truck!

Comment

WHO buys trucks like this and expect mileage like a Honda Accord? Just curious.

These are trucks, made to be run, abused and haul anything you want regardless of mileage and to stay out of the shop and on the road running as fast as you want and hauling what you want! Wusses!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          WHO buys trucks like this and expect mileage like a Honda Accord? Just curious.

These are trucks, made to be run, abused and haul anything you want regardless of mileage and to stay out of the shop and on the road running as fast as you want and hauling what you want! Wusses!
          I ran 280 miles round trip today with 9500 lbs behind me. I got right at 12 MPG. This weekend I did 460 miles with 17k behind me getting 8.5. At that rate I’ll take every MPG I can get. I didn’t buy mine for MPG, but I’m not goi g to complain about extra.

Comment

Certainly don’t buy a super duty for mileage! This was my MPG from today’s trip. Was over 17 before hitting traffic and going through stop lights.

Comment

Probably an odd question but can you get me a measurement from the ground to the top of the cab. We are looking at something new, and everything we drive we like to outfit with wheels and tires. The issue is, can it fit under the car port or not. If you want to drive it to Lexington, bring it lol, if not a measurement would suffice.

Comment

Nice!

13mpg really ain't bad at all for that 3/4 ton truck with 35s... ****, hitting 16-17 on the highway is awesome..

I'd love to swap a 7.3 into my Excursion

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
                  Probably an odd question but can you get me a measurement from the ground to the top of the cab. We are looking at something new, and everything we drive we like to outfit with wheels and tires. The issue is, can it fit under the car port or not. If you want to drive it to Lexington, bring it lol, if not a measurement would suffice.

Actually had been meaning to measure to make sure I can fit in to parking garages. It’s right at 6’9” - 6’10”

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                    Nice!

13mpg really ain't bad at all for that 3/4 ton truck with 35s... ****, hitting 16-17 on the highway is awesome..

I'd love to swap a 7.3 into my Excursion

They just came out with the crate engine !

Comment

It trips me out that they named a option package after an alcohol withdrawal symptom.

Good looking truck though. Hopefully AA won't start a petition against Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                        It trips me out that they named a option package after an alcohol withdrawal symptom.

Good looking truck though. Hopefully AA won't start a petition against Ford.
                        I thought it was after the movie

Comment

Certainly don’t buy a super duty for mileage! This was my MPG from today’s trip. Was over 17 before hitting traffic and going through stop lights.
                          With a 7.3, 4.30's and 35" tires that seems optimistic. Try hand calculating your next tank.

The lie-o-meter on my Cummins Ram says I'm getting 12-13 mpg. I hope it's right. I haven't hand calculated a tank.

My old 7.3 Powerstrokes would get 18-19 hand calculated(didn't have the mpg gauges back then).

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                            I thought it was after the movie
                            Was that the movie with the giant worm?

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                              With a 7.3, 4.30's and 35" tires that seems optimistic. Try hand calculating your next tank.

The lie-o-meter on my Cummins Ram says I'm getting 12-13 mpg. I hope it's right. I haven't hand calculated a tank.

My old 7.3 Powerstrokes would get 18-19 hand calculated(didn't have the mpg gauges back then).

Hand calc for sure. First tank was within 0.1mpg, same like the raptor. Will do hand calc for a while till I figure out how far off the computer is.

Comment

Hand calc for sure. First tank was within 0.1mpg, same like the raptor. Will do hand calc for a while till I figure out how far off the computer is.
                                That's awesome!

I wish my Cummins could do that.

Everybody told me that Cummins engine were so efficient that you actually had to drain extra fuel out of the tank after every trip. I have not had that problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X