Kitchen ceiling light suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen ceiling light suggestions

I have to replace the ceiling light in my breakfast area and I just priced them. First, I didn't like any of the designs - I want something farmhouse and rustic. I saw a ceiling light that was not a fan that looked like a windmill. OOOOHHH I liked it it a lot but they were sold out and they were the only ones with one like it.

Anyhoo, thinking about what we have around here... I have a small wagon wheel that might work - it is about 24" maybe 30" in diameter. But... what do do with it....

And, my husband is a telephone man so we have lots of insulators... maybe we could do something with that?

Do you all have any suggestions for a DIYer? I can't weld so there's that but my friends can weld.

Wrap the wagon whell with rope lights? Or, strap strands of small Christmas Tree lights to the wagon wheel? You'd need some connection work at the top, but it could be done.

Comment

I bought the sockets and wire, for this one, on Amazon.
      I got a variety of bulbs at Home Depot.
      Your imagination is the only limit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	b30.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	24615690

Comment

We made this one a while back...

Comment

I made this one a couple of years ago. I bought all the electrical components off Amazon and the old timber was laying in the corner of my front pasture. I've got about $100 in it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Those look great y'all. I have a wagon wheel in my dining room so I think I'm going to go with a windmill in the kitchen. I'll post the project when I get to it.

Thank you.

So, I'm guessing I can just buy the light wiring and sockets from the hardware store and add my windmill blades?

Comment

You could always use the windmill for a ceiling fan like was done here: Run-n-Gun Adventures

I've been at this place and I thought it looked really neat!

Comment

I like that! But I don't want a ceiling fan. This will be directly over my table that we eat at all of the time.

Comment

Working...
                X