Planting lab lab mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planting lab lab mix

Going to plant Douglas Kings spring mix soon. Has lab lab cowpeas and soybeans. I plan on adding browntop millet and sorghum and more lab lab and peas to the mix. It does not come pre inoculated. They told me they don't because it gets eaten up so fast doesn't have time to fix nitrogen to soil. I do plan on inoculating it just in case. Have soil sample it's 6.7 ph. Planting in old crop fields. doing about 15 ac on 340 acre high fence. Have about 30 deer on it now. Spraying roundup next week when it dries up then going to plant with the firminator.
    This is my first time planting this mix am I doing it right or missing something? any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Feral pigs like sorghum. Sunn Hemp or sunflowers could be an alternative for you.

Comment

Thanks for the reply but I don't have any hogs inside the high fence. been fenced for 5 yrs this year haven't see one since put up fence. Buried 3 ft predator wire clipped to bottom of high fence was expensive but I don't have to ride fence looking for dig unders.

Comment

Good luck. Anxious to see your results.
        Be sure and put in several big cages to see real results.

I only planted small plots and they killed the lab lab as soon as it sprouted

BP

Comment

Will keep you posted. Just ordered seeds from Douglas king fri. Waiting on rain to stop probably pick up mon or tues. Now I have to wait for it to dry up to do anything. In that black gumbo if it's wet forget about it. Sticks and plugs up everything!

Comment

Working...
          X