Electronic gun safe won’t let me in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic gun safe won’t let me in...

Battery is good. Put in 2 others to make sure but all 3 batteries read 9V. Get 3 beeps after entering the code which means it doesn’t recognize my code.
    Paper work with serial number is apparently inside as it’s not in my other safe and w/o it Winchester probably can’t help...

So either a locksmith or a crackhead. I’ll see which one is cheaper tomorrow.

Did it reset to the default code? Try 123456...seriously, that’s the Winchester default code

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
      Did it reset to the default code? Try 123456...seriously, that’s the Winchester default code
      I’ll try that!!

Comment

had trouble with a cannon like that once. i contacted them and they walked me through it..

Comment

Check the battery date it need to be dated 5 years out abd dont use a lithium battery.

Comment

That didn’t work...

Comment

I didn’t check the date but it’s ready 9V with a digital Fluke multimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                I didn’t check the date but it’s ready 9V with a digital Fluke multimeter.
                So was mine, I know it makes no sense but thats what they told me and it worked

Comment

Originally posted by OKBOWHUNTER View Post
                  Check the battery date it need to be dated 5 years out abd dont use a lithium battery.
                  Same thing with smoke alarms.

Comment

I felt compelled to pass this info along to others that may own this safe . . . Back in 2013 I purchased the 2014 vintage model of this 24 gun Winchester safe from Tractor Supply: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/winchester-24-long-gun-capacity-safe-granite-electronic-lock-45-minute-fire-rating-at-1-400-deg?cm_vc=-10005 The electronic lock on this safe worked flawlessly for 2 years, and then I started having to enter the correct code twice almost every time in order to gain

Comment

mine did that about a month ago. put knew batteries in and nothing helped. So walked away came back 3 hours later tried old code and it opened.. Almost like it was confused.. works fine now.

Comment

Working...
                      X