Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-04-2017, 08:02 PM   #51
muddydog
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tom Green Co.

As a devoted glock guy, I have owned the 20 and 40. I liked the 20 better than the 40. I can honestly tell you as a handgun hunter with 30 years of experience there is alot of hype with the 10 mm. While I really like the cartridge, it's not even in the same class as other big bore hunting calibers. Light off a 44 mag next to the 10 mm and you will see the difference.
muddydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #52
texaset
Ten Point

Hunt In: North Tx Panhandle , Mid State and South Texas Brush Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCT View Post
I love my Colt Delta Elite
My favorite also !!
texaset is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2017, 08:58 PM   #53
JFRITZ06
Six Point

Hunt In: Sonora/New Mexico/Colorado

Colt Delta Elite
JFRITZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2017, 09:12 PM   #54
bowmedic
Eight Point

Hunt In: Jack County

I got the 10mm bug this fall too. I did the research and had it down to a plain Kimber for 800 or a RIA Tactical that came with more features was heavier constructed and as said about 300 bucks less. I have shot everything I can find through it and its a way better gun than the price indicates in my opinion. No FTF or ejection issues( knock on wood).I have no qualms about it. Recoil is very manageable super accurate out to 50 yds. We have a range with a metal gong at 100 and I played with it shooting the gong at 100. I love mine..
bowmedic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2017, 09:36 PM   #55
txoutdoorsman24
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In camo

I was reading about the RIA 10mm today. Had mostly good reviews and along the lines of what you said Bowmedic.
txoutdoorsman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2017, 09:47 PM   #56
tigerscowboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Eagle Lake. Elk, Pronghorn, Nigai, Carribou, Deer in CO,WY, TX, AK. Bass, Trout, and Reds.

I'm happy with my Glock 29. Never shot a Glock 40, but now I'm curious.

Never cared about the cost of the 10mm ammo since this gun was not purchased with the intent to just shoot whenever the mood struck me. That's what our family uses my 40 and 357 to do.
tigerscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2017, 09:54 PM   #57
tigerscowboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Eagle Lake. Elk, Pronghorn, Nigai, Carribou, Deer in CO,WY, TX, AK. Bass, Trout, and Reds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddydog View Post
As a devoted glock guy, I have owned the 20 and 40. I liked the 20 better than the 40. I can honestly tell you as a handgun hunter with 30 years of experience there is alot of hype with the 10 mm. While I really like the cartridge, it's not even in the same class as other big bore hunting calibers. Light off a 44 mag next to the 10 mm and you will see the difference.
Right there with you. I have the Ruger Blackhawk in 44mag and 41mag. Being totally honest, I've always shot better groups with the 41mag and it's lowered the boom on a couple bucks at ~50yds. Both are 5 1/2" barrels with open sights. I may sell the 44 for something else (when I find it), but never the 41. She's my absolute favorite revolver.
tigerscowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top