Warfarin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warfarin

Anyone taking it for A-Fib? Dr is switching me because of the cost of Xarelto.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I’ve taken both but not for Afib. Problem is you now need to get your blood checked frequently which eats up a lot of time.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
      I’ve taken both but not for Afib. Problem is you now need to get your blood checked frequently which eats up a lot of time.
      Yea, they said once a month

Comment

Was on Eliquis, tried Xarelto and had side effects, never took Warfarin. Ended up having an Ablation to fix the problem, praise God.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
          Was on Eliquis, tried Xarelto and had side effects, never took Warfarin. Ended up having an Ablation to fix the problem, praise God.
          Did you have a-fib? My sister in law had ablation done and got infected and was gone within a week

Comment

I take Atenolol and Eliquis. I have ARVD and Factor V Lieden.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
              Yea, they said once a month

After you’ve been on it awhile that will be lengthened to 6 weeks, then two months. At least mine has.

Comment

I have a-fib. Was on eliquis until I had an ablation, now just take aspirin. I’d have another ablation if needed, had no issues and only one night in the hospital. I haven’t been back in a-fib since the ablation almost 2 years ago.

Comment

I have been on it for about 6 or 7 years for another type of issue, but same medicine. It is a pain on the front end for the INR checks you have to have, but as said earlier, once you get steady on them you can push them out for 8 weeks so that helps. One thing is that the INR is affected by alcohol use, so if you drink the night before it can elevate the reading, or it does for me. Not that I drink all the time, but if I forget and have a few whiskeys the night before it can get it out of range and then they want to change doseage or make me come back sooner etc....

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

I am on it after having an aortic valve replacement. My INR has been pretty darn stable. I used to go every 2 weeks to get it checked, but during COVID, I bought a machine and do it myself every few weeks. It wasn't cheap, but it's nice not having to go anywhere. I bought the unit and strips off of eBay. I bought the single use needles off of Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                        Did you have a-fib? My sister in law had ablation done and got infected and was gone within a week

Yes sir. Had a couple of cardioversions done but they did not work. So sorry to hear about your sister in law, usually a very safe surgery to have.

Comment

Have an ablation and then take a baby aspirin once a day. My ablation was the best thing I have done for my health.

Comment

A fib here, had ablation and went home that day

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                              A fib here, had ablation and went home that day
                              Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                              Have an ablation and then take a baby aspirin once a day. My ablation was the best thing I have done for my health.
                              Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                              Yes sir. Had a couple of cardioversions done but they did not work. So sorry to hear about your sister in law, usually a very safe surgery to have.
                              I'm sure it was rare case. I had it but mine went back into rhythm with meds....so they put me on blood thinners. That was back in July

Comment

Working...
                              X