Finally Something Good for 2020!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Something Good for 2020!

Back in may after 11 years I decided it was time to get out of the oilfield and I went to NorthWest Lineman College in Denton. The 15 weeks flew by. Although the round trip drive Aledo to Denton everyday sucked, I did well in school and graduated high in my class.

Once I graduated I realized getting a job around DFW wasn’t going to be easy. My wife is a NP at cook children’s so I wouldn’t be able to relocate very far. After 3 interviews at a co-op in Granbury went really good I was pretty bummed that I came in second. Last Wednesday I had a interview with Tri county electric either out of the Azle or Keller yard. I knew the interview went good but didn’t expect to hear back for a week or two. At 9:45 Wednesday night I had a offer letter in my email for an apprentice lineman position. I accepted and finished all the pre employment stuff today. I start Monday November 30th in the Azle yard, 16 miles from my house here in Aledo.

Now off to Childress to hunt for a week before I start this new adventure!! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations brother!!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

I dont really know what all that entails but congrats. Most importantly, does this increase BIG hunt opportunities.......lol! Congrats sir, well done.
          Last edited by Landrover; 11-24-2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Congrats JT!

Comment

Congrats JT!!!!!

Good luck in your new career!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome great.

Comment

Congratulations on graduating HIGH in your class. Lol
                  No really, I’m glad everything worked out for you.

Comment

Great news JT! Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congrats on the new career! I know several lineman and it’s worked out really well for them!

Comment

Awesome man! Congrats!

Comment

Got a couple of good friends that work for tri county.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            I dont really know what all that entails but congrats. Most importantly, does this increase BIG hunt opportunities.......lol! Congrats sir, well done.
                            LOL.. The first few years will definitely be a pay cut. But by year 3 I will be doing better than I was in the oil field.. The only real difficult part will be vacation days.. One good long hunt a year and hopefully lots of weekend hunts..
                            But more important.. The pension and 401K will set the family up for the future.

Comment

Congrats JT

Comment

Working...
                              X