Need new driveway gates quickly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need new driveway gates quickly.

First thing I’ll say is my driveway gates I stalled in 2016, have been a nightmare. The first 2 gates installed weren’t straight in line with my fence and they also had a 4” bow to them. The fence-builder said he’d have them remade, but bought them at American Fence in League City, TX. Also the expensive Liftmaster operators have had to have both control boards and one arm replaced.

I have two driveway gates that are 13‘7“ wide and have the bell curve tops. They are 5’ on end and 6’ in the center. Each gate has cracks in 12 of the upright tubes. And they’re only four years old. Many more of the tubing uprights are bulged telling me they will crack also. Can anybody recommend a good company to buy from or have gates made by? I’m south of Alvin.
    Attached Files

This guy is in waller and is great, offers service warranty as well. Johnny (936) 391-1004

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wampus, sorry you’re having this kind of crappy situation to deal with! I can tell you that the reason those uprights are splitting is cuz they didn’t weld them all the way around, top and bottom, and they basically became a rain gauge. And then when it comes winter time, and we actually get a freeze, the water inside freezes/thaws, and ends up splitting the pipe from the expansion and contraction. Realize I’m no help, but that’s all I’ve got. Just something to look for in the future. If there’s a way for water to get in a vertical square tube, pipe, or whatever, this can happen. Good Luck in your search brother. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
        Wampus, sorry you’re having this kind of crappy situation to deal with! I can tell you that the reason those uprights are splitting is cuz they didn’t weld them all the way around, top and bottom, and they basically became a rain gauge. And then when it comes winter time, and we actually get a freeze, the water inside freezes/thaws, and ends up splitting the pipe from the expansion and contraction. Realize I’m no help, but that’s all I’ve got. Just something to look for in the future. If there’s a way for water to get in a vertical square tube, pipe, or whatever, this can happen. Good Luck in your search brother. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
        This is my thoughts too about the freezing water cracking the upright tubing. Not sure how the water got inside though. All of the uprights are welded on the outside of the gate’s horizontals, not centered inside them. They all had the plastic caps on them and nearly all were almost full of water. When I noticed the cracks, I drilled weep holes in the bottom of the uprights. As soon as the hole was drilled water shot out over 3 feet.

Comment

I realize the guy I’m going to recommend is not near you but he is an excellent blacksmith. He has built many a fine gate for very fine estates. Look up blacksmith shop in Milford, TX.

Comment

Also move the openers down to the bottom bar. It will still work just fine and will look so much better.

Comment

Working...
            X