Meat Eater Sous Vide Venison Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Eater Sous Vide Venison Roast

This recipe is amazing. Follow it to a T and it will be like eating filet mignon.

Several years back I made a commitment to live off the land and to quit buying meat from the grocery store. While my husband is very supportive of this decision and provides the bulk of our freezer, he isn’t ready to give up the deli-style sandwiches. Often times our lunch consists of leftovers but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delicious

Comment

Looks great! Really need to try this, got a machine for Christmas last year and never took it out of the box. Going to HAVE to now!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Wow. That's happening this weekend, thank you for sharing!

Comment

That looks great, would love to try it.

Comment

Just getting ready for second sear. Got the au juice saved. It's what for dinner and lunch this weekend at ranch for opening weekend. Only difference, using an elk top roast. Looks great and can't wait to dig into it.

Comment

When the recipe says to de-glaze the pan, do you leave the heat on high from when you were searing the meat, or do you turn it down/off?

Comment

anything from this guy's cookbook or videos is just awesome and makes you want to kill something then prepare it!

Comment

What Temp./time?

Comment

Originally posted by CoachJoe View Post
                      What Temp./time?
                      130-135 depending how you want it cooked, 6-8 hours in the bath. It’s in the directions.
                      I have the Sous vide machine but we just haven't cared for any thing we have made in it, not saying it’s bad, but there are far better ways we like. **** thing just sits in the corner. I use it to “ reheat” meals at camp, and that’s about it. Bought a pear burner, because that was supposed to be the secret to Sous vide also, that gets used even less. All the recipes are so close, but I may give this shot, it’s been a long while sense we used it, should make sure it still works at least.
                      Last edited by critter69; 11-04-2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddies Dad View Post
                        When the recipe says to de-glaze the pan, do you leave the heat on high from when you were searing the meat, or do you turn it down/off?
                        Deglaze at a lower heat. If you burn the fond (the delicious crusty bits on the bottom of the pan that develop all sauces and gravies) it will taste bitter. Red wine or any liquid for that matter will remove the fond (de glaze) at low temperatures.

Comment

That looks awesome

Comment

Working...
                          X