No announcement yet.

Giving false info to GW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our game warden is a good friend of mine. You act like an *** and he will return acting like an ***.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does it matter if the GW is acting in his official capacity, or simply using his badge to gain access to the best hunting land in the county?

Comment

Y'all have some stupid encounters with GWs and you'll see what Anvil is saying.

When I was 18 my buddies and I had a gut tub from hogs we cleaned in the back of the truck. Went to check the river to make sure boat was ok and leaving out of the gate got lit up. This is Texas and hogs never even crossed the GW's mind. We were accused of shooting deer out of season, dumping them at the river, and had to prove we weren't or "A blood sample is being shipped to San Marcos and when it comes back WT you're in trouble"

30 minute drive across the county with the GW following us to where guts were dumped cleared us that time.

Comment

I've had em steal them the coil wire off my boat motor, and catch up to me about 2 hrs after dark, as I was paddling out lol.
          Coil wire in hand.
          I had no weapon anywhere.
          100% positive they had caught me poaching.
          They lied on my brother, cuffed him, and stuck him in the back of their pavilion tent - age 14.
          Then got called on the lie and denied it .
          They some sketchy, sorry azz SOBs for sure.
          Spend a million dollars to catch a REAL poacher, and then slap him on the wrist.
          Not to mention, the average GW knows about as much about the outdoors as Paris Hilton.
          Once they start fishing, immediately quit talking

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            Y'all have some stupid encounters with GWs and you'll see what Anvil is saying.

When I was 18 my buddies and I had a gut tub from hogs we cleaned in the back of the truck. Went to check the river to make sure boat was ok and leaving out of the gate got lit up. This is Texas and hogs never even crossed the GW's mind. We were accused of shooting deer out of season, dumping them at the river, and had to prove we weren't or "A blood sample is being shipped to San Marcos and when it comes back WT you're in trouble"

30 minute drive across the county with the GW following us to where guts were dumped cleared us that time.
            Had something similar happen to me. GW comes by opening weekend checking coolers and licenses on a lease we had in Huntsville.
            He notices blood on my tailgate from a hog I killed 3 weeks earlier. Asks where the blood came from. I told him the story and he says “you know how many times it’s rained since then”.
            I said no...He said several!
            I informed him my truck was garage kept and I had a company truck, so it didn’t get out much. He just smiled and said “I got you”. Took a few q tips that he rubbed on the blood and said “we will be in touch if this comes back as something other than a pig”.
            Never heard from him again...

I appreciate what the good wardens do, but I do believe some are just looking to write tickets.

Comment

The warden where I hunt is a solid dude. He is fair and I would call him anytime I had an issue. He is/was? Lee Morrison in Coleman County. Llano and Burnet County Wardens seam to be great guys as well.

Comment

Id be careful when dealing with any GW. Consequences are severe.

I wouldn’t volunteer any information either.

Comment

This is not the incident I was referring to in my earlier post, but it is one incident that looking back was pretty sketchy. Maybe some older guys on here were there? Was back in 92 or 93 just up the road from the Anahuac Refuge. Saturday opening day of early teal. Federal wardens, agents, gestapo ... who knows what they were set up a road block and pulled over any one that looked like they had been hunting....and then began systematically searching trucks, cars and boats. I’m talking in a stand back, we are going in kinda way. It wasn’t enough that we only had a few teal (less then full limit), they were searching for more... or whatever we might have hidden in ammo boxes, coolers and decoys. There were several groups pulled over all getting the full violation.

This was many years ago, I was a young guy. I had nothing to hide (see how I tied that back in?) I went along with the search. I was too young to understand the value of my rights, but looking back I am pretty sure they were violated. I heard later in the “duck circles” someone who understood their rights made a pretty big stink about it.

Comment

It’s not a lie, if you believe the lie.

George Costanza

Comment

I absolutely do not trust anyone in law enforcement. Never ever been in any wrong nor have I ever lied or treated them in any wrong way. Never been arrested or had charges filed on me. Always yes sir and no sir. But have been asked what I do for a living and in no way could I afford to own what I own. Or the vehicle im driving is of suspicious nature. I would have much more respect if they just said hey I profiled you and want to know if you are doing something wrong. I believe there are good and bad people in all walks of life. I just have been lucky enough to having dealt with the worst law enforcement officers.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                        I absolutely do not trust anyone in law enforcement. Never ever been in any wrong nor have I ever lied or treated them in any wrong way. Never been arrested or had charges filed on me. Always yes sir and no sir. But have been asked what I do for a living and in no way could I afford to own what I own. Or the vehicle im driving is of suspicious nature. I would have much more respect if they just said hey I profiled you and want to know if you are doing something wrong. I believe there are good and bad people in all walks of life. I just have been lucky enough to having dealt with the worst law enforcement officers.
                        You and me both!
                        Just got hauled out of the water in Bolivar this past weekend, while flounder fishing.
                        Light's, spotlight, PA system, the works, then lied to, at 5:30 in the morning.
                        For doing nothing wrong .
                        LEO of all kinds are drawn to me like a fly on ****e.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                          I hear ya! I'm the same way with HVAC guys. Call 'em out for a yearly AC tune-up and you need a new compressor, duct work, etc. I'm sure there are good and bad HVAC dudes, but I only find the bad ones. Don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

Comment

The difference is, the hvac guy can't put you in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                              The difference is, the hvac guy can't put you in jail.
                              Nor can the hvac guys put down 2 dozen donuts like the professional leo's can

Comment

Last edited by arrowsmack324; 10-14-2020, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X