Texas unemployment debacle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas unemployment debacle

We closed our manufacturing facility yesterday and furloughed every employee for a minimum of 4 weeks. so with that said I am trying to apply for unemployment benefits. I guess the website is so overloaded I cant even get it to work, it tells me to call a number and speak with someone. When you call the number an automated message tells you they cannot assist you at this time and refers you back to the website... anyone else having the same issue? has anyone had any luck with getting in the system. frustrating to say the least!
    I called our local workforce solutions office and they said just keep calling....

My daughter got laid off last week and said the same thing. I told her to keep at it until she got through the website without being kicked off. It took a while but eventually was able to complete the application.

Comment

You will need to wait until after 7 or so tonight the web traffic will slow down. Keep trying it will work eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtechbandit View Post
        We closed our manufacturing facility yesterday and furloughed every employee for a minimum of 4 weeks. so with that said I am trying to apply for unemployment benefits. I guess the website is so overloaded I cant even get it to work, it tells me to call a number and speak with someone. When you call the number an automated message tells you they cannot assist you at this time and refers you back to the website... anyone else having the same issue? has anyone had any luck with getting in the system. frustrating to say the least!
        I called our local workforce solutions office and they said just keep calling....
        If you don't mind me asking what industry are you in? I'm not too far from in Lamar County. Very curious what all industry this stuff is effecting in our area. Prayers up for you and your family during this time.

Comment

They are indeed overwhelmed right now. I got my application done online yesterday morning at 6. I wouldn't even think of trying to do it by phone or in person right now,

Comment

Yet, they are still conducting random audits..

Comment

Man I sure hate to hear that! Best of luck to you

Comment

Try between 12:00am and 6:00am is what someone on the news was recommending this morning. The system is just overloaded will people filing right now. I think I heard 150,000 new claims last week alone in Texas.

Comment

Maybe they are hiring?

Comment

i cant get logged in and says i have to call them...PITA

Comment

They said they are averaging 30,000 new claims a day in Texas. Good Luck!

Comment

Wife got the 2 kids, in 20's, done online says she has to call.....bet that's impossible

Comment

My daughter in law was able to log on at 2am a couple of days ago. She tried all evening and finally got it done.

Comment

Wife did theirs after midnight.

Comment

my mom has tried and apparently she still has an account from when she drew unemployment 10 years ago. She has to use a code from back then to log on and has been locked out after 3 tries. It is telling her she has to call to get a new code to unlock and that has been impossible.

Comment

Working...
                              X