Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone received any citations of any sort yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone received any citations of any sort yet?

Have any of you, since all this crap started received any sort of citation or ticket for being on the roadways without proof of essential or failure to wear mask in public that has resulted in a monetary fine?

Nope

Comment

not me or anyone I know....they cant say that you are able to go the store, etc and give tickets....the whole thing is silly that people say they cant go places. a lot of businesses are open, I go somewhere almost every day. Just got back from a 7 hour drive day before yesterday to go turkey hunting. I have never worn a mask, to be honest I would feel stupid wearing one in public. I do used plastic grocery bags over my hands when getting gas..

Comment

Got a warning in Jim Hogg Co. coming back from ranch. Citation read ‘COVID-19 CURFEW.’

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
          not me or anyone I know....they cant say that you are able to go the store, etc and give tickets....the whole thing is silly that people say they cant go places. a lot of businesses are open, I go somewhere almost every day. Just got back from a 7 hour drive day before yesterday to go turkey hunting. I have never worn a mask, to be honest I would feel stupid wearing one in public. I do used plastic grocery bags over my hands when getting gas..
          As a parent with a son that has a compromise immune system, PLEASE don't feel stupid for wearing a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
            As a parent with a son that has a compromise immune system, PLEASE don't feel stupid for wearing a mask.
            Yup, mask isn't for you as much as it is the people around you.

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
              Got a warning in Jim Hogg Co. coming back from ranch. Citation read ‘COVID-19 CURFEW.’
              might want to frame that one

Comment

I know a few people who have been stopped. Myself included. I didnt have a letter from work but i showed him my Company ID badge and that was good enough. a buddy of mine was stopped and he said he was headed to a grocery store and the officer said ok just remember to keep your distance from people and that was it. no warning or citations given out just verbals

Comment

Nope. Not in Montgomery county, harris, Polk, sabine or San Augustine counties.

Comment

Nope. I drive 100 miles round trip for work covering 4 counties and haven't been stopped, actually I see far fewer vehicles stopped and we are driving much faster!

Also spent a few days over at Rayburn during the week and it looked like a Saturday everyday.

Comment

Nope, DFW is the wild west on the roads right now. 80MPH average speed during rush hour gets my doors blown off a few times a day in my 64 mile round trip commute.

I have the letter we drafted and a few from our clients that I visit their job sites.

Comment

I mean I don't see how they could ticket you if you just say "I'm headed to the grocery store"

Comment

Haven't been pulled over yet and I go and come when I need to. Will continue to do so. If I get pulled over I will roll down my window and fake a severe coughing fit. Maybe even spit on my hands.

Comment

Seems impossible to enforce for local traffic. If your traveling distance and are away form where your home is, I could see where it would be more complicated. Not sure its plausible that I live in Austin but went grocery shopping in Rockport. I saw a youtube video yesterday (Florida fishing channel, I think) where there was a check point headed to Key West to keep tourists out. I cant imagine that would happen here though.

Comment

Coworker has been pulled over and had to show his letter. I haven’t been yet. My work just sent out paperwork that all personnel have to wear a mask at our building no matter what. Most job sites I go during the day, we are also required to wear them.

Comment

Working...
                              X