No announcement yet.

Would you shoot a mountain lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think about how many 100s of thousands of hours we have spent in the woods combined and how few of us have seen one. It’s astonishing how reclusive they are

Comment

Plenty of Lions in West/Southwest Texas. I would have no problem taking a mature one.

Comment

First article I found. But it’s just one study/opinion.
        Spent 56 years traveling and hunting East Tx, south Tx and hill country
        Working and hunting.
        Total of 2 sightings. Female with two young cats and a nice cat in Webb co near the river

Comment

Absolutely!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Now I want to kill one just to **** some people off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            That should help. More hunters making selfish choices.

Comment

Amazing that such a position is taken when a species is shows a slight chance to be restored in it's original environment.

How it becomes more important to kill it and hang it on the wall I will never understand.

PS - Introduction of these cats could positively impact the hog and overpopulation of the deer herd. Over the last 30 years, it's obvious that hunter's aren't going to do it. They won't even remove the does that are needed and the result of over protection and over feeding.
              Last edited by tigerscowboy; 01-19-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                Amazing that such a position is taken when a species is shows a slight chance to be restored in it's original environment.

How it becomes more important to kill it and hang it on the wall I will never understand.
                Read the book mentioned in post 66. Your opinion is wrong.

Comment

Now I want to kill one just to **** some people off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                  That should help. More hunters making selfish choices.
                  For clarity, I meant you.....Just to **** you off. I'm not selfish, I just think that holier-than-thou know-it-alls that tell the rest of us how we should think, act and hunt are fun to **** off. I respect your decision not to kill a perfectly legal-to-kill lion....you just don't respect the decision of the other side because it doesn't align with yours. You a democrat?

Comment

Dang. I did it again. My New Years Resolution not to argue with obviously wrong people is failing miserably.

Comment

Dang. I did it again. My New Years Resolution not to argue with obviously wrong people is failing miserably.
                      I'm thinking he might be on the wrong forum, I believe the " Holier Than Thou " forum could possibly be full and he stumbled upon a hunting site

Comment

Good, cause I enjoy reading about it.
                        Are you a Democrat? LOL

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

For clarity, I meant you.....Just to **** you off. I'm not selfish, I just think that holier-than-thou know-it-alls that tell the rest of us how we should think, act and hunt are fun to **** off. I respect your decision not to kill a perfectly legal-to-kill lion....you just don't respect the decision of the other side because it doesn't align with yours. You a democrat?
                          I'll respect it when one comprehends the impact of such decisions. You can go suck on a democratic whatever. You're way off course.

Comment

For all this argument and posturing, the fact is those those of us who wouldn’t shoot one will probably never see one, and those who would shoot will also mostly likely never have the chance. It’s like arguing over what you’d do if you won the lottery or what you would do if Bigfoot showed up and took a dip in your swimming pool

Comment

Atleast you have a better argument this time

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                For all this argument and posturing, the fact is those those of us who wouldn’t shoot one will probably never see one, and those who would shoot will also mostly likely never have the chance. It’s like arguing over what you’d do if you won the lottery or what you would do if Bigfoot showed up and took a dip in your swimming pool
                                Agreed, but the initial question was simply "Would you?". I totally understand why many would not. I totally understand why many would. I personally would....kill a lion that is, not suck a democratic whatever as Tigersboy suggested. I'd never do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X