I need my own hunting property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Then there are those that like to ride around all night drinking beer and spotlighting varmints and coons at everybody else's feeders. They don't seem to think that this activity pushes the deer out or affects other peoples daylight hunting. Aw, we just shooting .22 rifles that don't make no noise. There's a reason for having lease rules and one strike your out!

......and then...........there are even THOSE clowns......... and a LOT em nowadays.

Last year I got pictures of guys walking by one of my spots with miners lights on their heads. A few hours after I walked out. Obviously running dogs and trespassing of course. It's a darn good spot too.....
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 11-09-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo6 View Post
      So rant over. Next year I guess I will get off and find a new lease without this BS

FIFY...
      We got off our last lease (with family) because of BS like this...

Comment

How about those F ing screamers ??? I was over 350 yards away on a spot and this fool let’s loose this loud scream in celebration because he just stuck a pig. Really??? You’ve got to let whole lease know every time you shoot. Then at night drinking and yelling , its mind blowing how some immature grown men act. Screamers I can’t stand em!!!

Comment

Everyone is always manage minded until it come to actually hunting. Move on might get lucky at another place. 6 hunters on 900 ac is stupid.

Comment

Sounds like you’re the odd man out on your lease so you should leave.

Leases have to be a team effort to work. The rest of the group isn’t on the same page as you are, so I’m guessing even if you tried to put in rules, it wouldn’t go your way.

Get a new place.

Comment

Another reason to buy your own...

I bought a little 40 acre tree farm 1hr 40min from the house. Killed this guy Tuesday. You have NO idea how much nicer it is when you do your own thing. I used to lease close to where I bought land and was sick of the rules only applying to certain people and all the BS. You better believe staying quiet and stealthy helped me get this guy.
              Attached Files

Comment

You are on a vacation lease, ain’t none of them fellers care about hunting. They just out there escaping work and home life.

Comment

I think that's a big reason I've hunted National Forest land for the last 33 years. I do agree if you were on a lease with like minded hunters it would be nice. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by houhunter View Post
                    I bought a little 40 acre tree farm 1hr 40min from the house. Killed this guy Tuesday. You have NO idea how much nicer it is when you do your own thing. I used to lease close to where I bought land and was sick of the rules only applying to certain people and all the BS. You better believe staying quiet and stealthy helped me get this guy.
                    Dang!!

Comment

Get off and move on. Not a chance in hell would someone drive by my stand late or set up close to you after you have your area set up. To many other places for that. Let them replace you with one of there own kind

Comment

Originally posted by houhunter View Post

We need better pictures of that buck!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hope you get to acquire your own slice of Texas. Your situation sounds very frustrating.
                          No matter how big the land parcel. It is all location location location. I hunt a friends 8 ac tract that has produced literally hundreds of free range Axis throughout the years for me and many others. Some have been 30" +..good whitetail also.
                          I also own a small 6.5 ac tract that produced great whitetails, axis and a world record muntjac...I am surrounded by large ranches, most, low fence. I make a effort NOT to take too many whitetail on one property. Axis and exotics are fair game always.
                          Hope you get to have you land dream come alive.

Comment

One more pic...

I'm at work fighting lines that need to be unplugged before the really cold weather gets here. I'll post more as I can. He's a beast for sure.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo6 View Post

I really don't have any place else to hunt. Would love to buy my own place but can only afford a 30-40 acre parcel and just feel like thats not large enough.
                              Don’t fall for that mentality bud. 20ac in the right place is better than 900ac with a bunch of morons breaking all the lease rules. We have elk, Sika, hogs, WT, aoudads, fallow, blackbuck and Axis running around at our small Slice of Texas. It’s all about location location location. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Comment

Well I’m off the lease.

Turns out they gave me the boot because I “take this too seriously” and they are just looking to hang out and have a good time. Aka drink and shoot deer from camp.

2020 lease or property search begins

Comment

Working...
                                X