Upgraded my equipment tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded my equipment tonight

Went to Cabelas and got a new release, the Scott Sabertooth. I'll shoot it tomorrow and see how I like it. I've been using a Cobra I've had for the last 15 years, its velcro and I realized how loud it was last Sunday when it was dead still and really quiet around me.

Also got some 100 grain NAP Spitfire Maxx broadheads, not sure if that's an upgrade over my 100 grain Rage 2 blade but I needed a different broadhead and I had a VERY knowledgable TBHer suggest the Spitfire Maxx

How much of a difference does a good release make in y'all's opinion?

I like my Scot little goose. From a 15 year old cobra to a scott release=I think you will see big differences in smoothness and feel

Comment

The little goose was what I was looking for but they didn't have one there. I figure ill try this one tomorrow and if I don't like it ill take it back and go to Academy and get the Little Goose.

Comment

we love our lil goose

Comment

I shoot a loesch jackrabbit it's bout 100 bucks I used it when I shot competition it really helps teaching the push/pull method

Comment

You get where you dont like it pm me, and we will try to work something out.
            Ive been useing the sabertooth since I went to a release a few years ago and really like them.
            Dread the day they dont make them any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jp. View Post
              You get where you dont like it pm me, and we will try to work something out.
              Ive been useing the sabertooth since I went to a release a few years ago and really like them.
              Dread the day they dont make them any more.
              You sound like me. When I find a hat or something like that, that I really like, I'll buy 2 of them so I have a spare when they quit making them.

I'll let ya know if I decide to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Kade View Post
                I'll let ya know if I decide to keep it.
                Either way is fine. Hope it does work for you though.

Comment

I shoot a Scott little goose. Love it. Never heard anyone complain about any Scott products

Comment

Good move getting rid of the Velcro. Way to loud on a quiet morning.

Comment

I bought a Sabertooth a few weeks ago, major difference from the Cobra i was using. Very light trigger, has snuck up on me a few times. I think you'll like it.

Comment

i shoot a little goose. i switched to scott from trufire and never looked back. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Woke up late so I'll have to wait till this afternoon to try it out. Can't wait....now I need to get a better stabilizer.

Comment

Originally posted by low bass View Post
                            I bought a Sabertooth a few weeks ago, major difference from the Cobra i was using. Very light trigger, has snuck up on me a few times. I think you'll like it.
                            You can adjust the trigger pull on a Scott.

Austin, it's hard to go wrong with anything made by Scott.

Comment

Love the Scott releases, nice and smooth

Comment

Working...
                              X