G.O.A.T. Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bear View Post
    forgot about the z28---- loved that bow- killed my only ever drop tine with that bow
    Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    I’m still shooting a elite Z28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I almost bought a Z28 on AT the other day. Perfect hunting bow IMO.

Comment

2003 Diamond Stinger
      Attached Files

Comment

HOYT Radian. Have shot other Hoyts and a couple Win&Wins but always seemed to go back to the Radian. Never shot a Gold Medalist but know people that say they were one of the best also. Staten ????

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
          Mostly talking crap but I love shooting next to everyone in my archery club with the newest bows on the market. Still faster, more accurate then anything they bring out. Love my setup and I’ve put that bow through hell with a lot of success over the years. Tried the new elites, prime and I always go back to my assassin.
          That's the way I felt about my Legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
            There hasn't been a MEANINGFUL change in bows in 10 years, maybe more... All marketing and hype for fan boys
            This seems to be true. My 2010 Mathews monster is rated just as fast as about anything out there now, (344) and shoots just as good. Maybe I'm not good enough to tell the difference,...lol. But I have a newer Hoyt that i like also, but the Hoyt doesn't do anything the older Mathews won't.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
              As long as you don't consider being as fast or faster with a smoother draw cycle, quieter at higher speeds, considerably more dead in the hand, better backwalls, more mechanical accuracy, and a more forgiving bow (i know this last part has some subjectivity in it, but is is culmination of the other improvements) an improvement, then you would be correct. But, all those improvements, especially when added together make for a much better overall bow across all bow brands, regardless of which brand you are a fanboy of :-)
              Im glad you answered his salvo. I had to read his statement twice.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Don't know that I would call it the "GOAT" but the Pearson Spoiler was a game changer

I also had a Jennings Carbon Extreme, weighed a ton but was one of the bows I missed when I sold it because I shot it so good

Another of my favorites started life as a Hoyt Mako and was "Frankensteined" with Pearson Renegade wheels and home made set of strings and cables (trial and error lengths until we dialed it in).
                Fast, quiet and a definite shooter. Downside to it was the molded aluminum handle. About like sticking your tongue to the flag pole on a COLD day
                Dude! youre old!

Comment

Originally posted by wheels View Post
                  Mathews DXT
                  This. I’m still shooting mine. I have had 3 others since then, but none fit me better.

Comment

As long as you don't consider being as fast or faster with a smoother draw cycle, quieter at higher speeds, considerably more dead in the hand, better backwalls, more mechanical accuracy, and a more forgiving bow (i know this last part has some subjectivity in it, but is is culmination of the other improvements) an improvement, then you would be correct. But, all those improvements, especially when added together make for a much better overall bow across all bow brands, regardless of which brand you are a fanboy of :-)
                    The improvement of these things in the last 10 years has been minuscule. The last 20 years improvements have been huge but not in the last 10.

You could take an Elite z28 from 2009 and whatever flagship bow from 2019 and shoot them side by side and the z28 would hold it's own.

Are the new bows better, yeah but not leaps and bounds.

Feel like I should add, I shoot an Athens. I'm not here to say whatever bow I own is the best. I don't care what people think about my bow. I'm just being realistic about the past 10 years of bow technology.
                    Last edited by adam_p; 11-22-2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
                      2003 Diamond Stinger
                      Hell of a bow right there!

Comment

This is said in fun, so don't take it the wrong way :-)

You are either deluded, lying to yourself, or haven't shot many new flagship bows. :-)

This whole thread is comical, bows get outdated just like cars. People get caught up in nostalgia and like to think an old car or bow was better than it was, but old cars and bows alike just cannot realistically compare to today's products. That is not saying older bows don't work, but anyone who shoots a 5 to 10 year old bow beside a new one and says the older one is better is basing their judgment off of emotions and not facts.

Its all good! I knew what this thread was when I made it.

We all have differences in opinions and I have shot some of the newer bows on the market. Last bow I shot was the newest Bowtech, Realm SR6 I believe, and while it was a fantastic bow to shoot. It didn’t do anything my D350 couldn’t do. Granted it was lighter but then again, I am a tree stand hunter so bow weight isn’t that big of a consideration for me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They have both been mentioned a few times already but of the bows I've owned, I wish I still owned my Switchback XT and Alphamax 35. I shot both extremely well. Of the more recent bows, the Carbon Spyder ZT Turbo was probably the best I've owned.

Comment

When I think GOAT in the bow world, I think the bow that held its own for a long period of time despite new technology coming out every year. The Destroyer 350 did that. The Mathews Switchback did that. The Bowtech Tribute did that. There are a few others that I did not shoot that seem to have done that. Of the bows I have shot in my like the D350 held its own for the longest period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                              Mathews Legacy: Father of the SB, OB and all that followed
                              Legacy gets my vote as well, still have it as my backup bow even though I've switched to PSE

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                Hell of a bow right there!

If I remember right you were the one that let me shoot one when I first saw it at an early Bownazza. That was before Bow Tech bought out Diamond.

Comment

Working...
                                X