No announcement yet.

Big Lake Bottom WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We raised the tent. Slept on cots though. No shade but your only there a little while. Bathroom is at a convenience store on 645. About 2 miles from the site. They're **** about the bathrooms, want you to buy something. Not a problem as we were getting drinks anyway. It is convenient, being right at the gate. If you camp bring some shade.

Comment

^clean, too. I bought ice every morning.

Comment

No news?

Comment

We didn't go back this weekend. High school bass tourney today. We'll settle for one hog. We enjoyed the trip. It's nice not having to look for trees big enough to set a stand.

Comment

Hunted Fri afternoon & Sat morning. Total 1 doe & 3 hogs for all hunters as of yesterday at noon.

Comment

I should have shot the doe when I had a chance Saturday a week ago.

Hunted Wednesday and didn't see anything. I scared three juv racoons when I went to the stand. About daylight I heard something above me. Then, about an hour later something started dropping bark on my head. I looked up and those three racoons were about 6 feet above me. The bombardment continued. I told them it wasn't my fault they picked my tree. About 15 minutes later I looked up and they had moved down to 3 feet above me. They were looking at me like three kids that got caught. I finally decided to respond to natures call. When I climbed back up they were gone.

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                Hunted Fri afternoon & Sat morning. Total 1 doe & 3 hogs for all hunters as of yesterday at noon.
                how many hunters turned out?

Comment

We had 28 if I remember correctly. I think we will try to go back for the Nov 1-10 as standby.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                    My son and I were setting behind you at the orientation. A seven year old's concept of being quiet is quite different from an adults. Wait until he is 16 and yelling at you cause you aren't quiet enough.
                    He did pretty good on Sunday, slept from 630 to 9 hahaha. I guess 10 hours in a blind on Saturday and getting up at 3:30am whooped him

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                      He did pretty good on Sunday, slept from 630 to 9 hahaha. I guess 10 hours in a blind on Saturday and getting up at 3:30am whooped him
                      We start out sleeping in the blind when we're young and end up sleeping in the blind when we're old.

Comment

Best deer call in the world is snoring.

Comment

We start out sleeping in the blind when we're young and end up sleeping in the blind when we're old.
                          I can sit in a blind all day but I need at least a combined total of 2 hours snoozing to do it.

Comment

hahaha awesome

Comment

Any reports from this past weekend? I got drawn for 12/6-12/15 and appreciate all the tips in this thread on Big Bottom Lake. Any additional guidance is greatly appreciated!

Comment

This thread went dead fairly quick, were the first 2 hunts no good or what?

Comment

Working...
                                X