Best way to keep tires from going flat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to keep tires from going flat?

Just bought a new lease truck and im wanting to try and stay ahead of the flats. have sharp rocks, cactus and LOTS of mesquite thorns on our lease. Whats some of the best options for the tires?

Spares . HD slime like they use on tractor tires

Comment

I use 1/2 gallon of Slime in each tire.

Comment

10 ply tires go a long way towards not getting flats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Slime and jack up and put on jack stands in off season. its a pain but you wont get a flat spot on tires.

Comment

Elephant snot / pink slime with chunks of chopped up something ( Kevlar? )
            But it not highway safe

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              10 ply tires go a long way towards not getting flats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              This. No other better way other than not running over stuff......

Comment

Anyone on here old enough to remember the old puncture proof tubes we used years ago? They would work great on a ranch vehicle.

Comment

My lease ride has foam-filled tires. Not great for comfort but I’ll never show up to a flat tire.

Comment

Check out a place called geneso, I buy my tractor tires from them, they also have a sealant you can put in the tires.

Comment

flat out similar to slime

Comment

Have them foam filled.

Comment

There is no better product for off-road tires and preventing flats than heavy duty Multi-Seal. PERIOD! It's pricey, but it works. There are 3 or 4 different grades. Get the heavy duty and you'll be set. I have 20" BFT AT's on my ranch truck. I put 1/2 gallon in each tire. ZERO FLATS and I run in South Texas Brush Country... Before that, I was on the Rio Grande for years. Same truck had a brand new set of AT's on it when I took it to the ranch... IN 8,000 miles, the tread was all but gone because of all the rocks and climbing... ZERO FLATS...
                          I tried slime in my ATV... Had a flat the very first time off the trailer on the same place... Cleaned out the tires, put in Multi-Seal... ZERO FLATS since (3 years)...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            There is no better product for off-road tires and preventing flats than heavy duty Multi-Seal. PERIOD! It's pricey, but it works. There are 3 or 4 different grades. Get the heavy duty and you'll be set. I have 20" BFT AT's on my ranch truck. I put 1/2 gallon in each tire. ZERO FLATS and I run in South Texas Brush Country... Before that, I was on the Rio Grande for years. Same truck had a brand new set of AT's on it when I took it to the ranch... IN 8,000 miles, the tread was all but gone because of all the rocks and climbing... ZERO FLATS...
                            I tried slime in my ATV... Had a flat the very first time off the trailer on the same place... Cleaned out the tires, put in Multi-Seal... ZERO FLATS since (3 years)...
                            This is what I use. Hunt in STX and run over just about everything in the pasture at some point in time. No flats as of yet.

Comment

Tag for later.

Comment

Working...
                              X