X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That aint right.

Comment

Was Polk Ford, read the same story.

If you have a contract for ordered Bronco, I would go after them for allowing folks to test drive my vehicle.

Comment

Sounds like a place run by cool dads....

Comment

The last time I had to deal with Ford, they said "All dealerships are independently owned. You have to deal with the dealership. We won't help you." This involved a big nationally advertised campaign. To this day I won't ever have a Ford.

Comment

It's not the mfg, it's the individual dealers & Ford is notorious w/ Dodge not too far behind...if the dealers cared they would have punished those who play in ADM decades ago.

It's an old game.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Seems like she would have a contract in writing if she ordered it and put a down payment on it?
              This!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                i love my ford foxbody mustangs, but ****ed if ford will ever see a penny of my money on one of the newer products... yall can have them fancy pickemups ill stick to my jap ride
                Cool.....

Comment

Sounds like they had a contract the minute the Dealership accepted their deposit. This has happened before and the Dealers always lost.

Comment

That's BS. I've ordered a few vehicles over the years (not Fords) and never had an issue. Price was agreed and deposit was put down upon placing the order. It never even crossed my mind that a dealership would come back with a different price when the vehicle came in. That literally defeats the purpose of ordering a vehicle. You are ordering to get exactly what you want and are willing to wait multiple months to get it. If these new Broncos are in such high demand, that overage fee, price premium or whatever they want to call it should be tacked on the price up-front when placing the order. I still think that type of fee is BS, but at least the customer would know it up-front.

Comment

Car dealers are not under contract for anything LOL. You get first dibs at the car. That's about it. This is pretty common industry practice, the big three all do this.

For example, I went to order a GT500, and not one dealership would not allow me to put money down. Reason being, it's a high demand car, which each dealership only gets a certain allocation, and if someone walks in willing to pay more than me, guess what, the dealer is selling it to them, even if it's built to my specs. Not to mention, there were "required" options (the carbon fiber package), because the dealer did not want to sell a car that didn't have a spec that most folks want. The dealer was very up front about this. He said we will call you shortly before it comes in, so you can be here as we take it off the truck to sign paperwork. The dealer refused to take any money up front.

Why your friend would put $39k down is beyond me.
                      Last edited by WItoTX; 07-28-2021, 09:40 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Its not just Ford and that dealer playing games right now. Employee of mine had similar situation in Little Rock and he told them to pound sand as they wanted an additional 6k after they agreed on a price. Terrible time to try and buy a car.......

Comment

The car business is pretty rough. I worked in it for years. Most of the staff at dealerships are there to make money... period. If they can make more by jumping to another dealership or another line of work... they will. Fast.

The dealerships are struggling right now because of the chip shortage. Their inventory has been reduced by over 75% in some cases. If they used to get 100 cars in a month, they are not getting 25 or less new cars. The unfinished autos are sitting in Arlington, Detroit, etc. waiting for their chips.

This is causing a lot of dealerships to panic and do business differently than they have in years.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            Why your friend would put $39k down is beyond me.
                            I'm pretty sure i didn't say she put $39k down .. i said she put a deposit down ...

they told her that the price as ordered was going to be $39k .. now they want $60k.

Just clarifying what I actually said.. vs what you said I said... for the record.

Comment

I didn’t think you could touch a new bronco for under 50k….!

I’ve heard problems like this with all three big manufacturers over my years- doesn’t make it right at all though.

I think a whole lot more of these issues will be surfaced with the way things are going!

Has Anyone Ever ordered a vehicle and received it as originally ordered?

Comment

Originally posted by McPatrickClan View Post
                                The dealerships are struggling right now because of the chip shortage. Their inventory has been reduced by over 75% in some cases. If they used to get 100 cars in a month, they are not getting 25 or less new cars. The unfinished autos are sitting in Arlington, Detroit, etc. waiting for their chips.

This is causing a lot of dealerships to panic and do business differently than they have in years.

Was surprised to see a closed and vacant Ford dealership in a small town now overflowing with new pickups probably waiting on chips. That dealership had closed down several years ago. I should’ve snapped a photo.

Comment

Working...
                                X