Simone Biles mental issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    Not a little girl. A Grown *** woman. Men AND women need to learn to pick up their cross and walk up that hill. When you have people relying on you, you don’t get to quit.
    Life is hard. Never use illness as an excuse not to do something you *could* do.
    Hope she can work through whatever is troubling her and get her act back together.
    BOOM! Another Mike drop moment!

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
      Typical tbh. A bunch of fat old farts criticizing somebody for something they don't understand.
      FYI, I am not fat.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
        Typical tbh. A bunch of fat old farts criticizing somebody for something they don't understand.
        Don't understand folding under pressure? Different people have different talents. I take it you've never run a business with a lot of employees. Employees that count on you to make things go so they can feed their families. You don't know pressure until you faced a downturn in the economy or two. You either fold or fight your way through it. She folded.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          Don't understand folding under pressure? Different people have different talents. I take it you've never run a business with a lot of employees. Employees that count on you to make things go so they can feed their families. You don't know pressure until you faced a downturn in the economy or two. You either fold or fight your way through it. She folded.
          truth right here. No pressure like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
            FYI, I am not fat.
            Same here… I also wasn’t blessed to be able to continue down the road of playing a game/sport for a living.

I am really trying to understand the other side of those defending the quitting but I am drawing blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              https://www.chron.com/olympics/amp/S...ds-9220617.php

Kinda like 2016?

One thing for certain. It will either be Covid 19, Trump, or the Russians fault she withdrew.
              Wouldn't that be some crazy sh** if the Russians had dirt on her?

Comment

600 people in three countries expecting a paycheck every week......yep the pressure is real. Never thought about quitting once......you find a way to make it happen, no excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  600 people in three countries expecting a paycheck every week......yep the pressure is real. Never thought about quitting once......you find a way to make it happen, no excuses.
                  Exactly, even if something happened and you failed at least you didnt quit.

Comment

Not trying to play the devils advocate here but I wonder if some of the Hard A’s in this thread stand the same against Veterans whose mental health has been so effected by PTSD they take their own lives. Are they quitting?..

Again not saying Simons a gem but am proclaiming that mental health is in fact an actual issue with some.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                      Same here… I also wasn’t blessed to be able to continue down the road of playing a game/sport for a living.

I am really trying to understand the other side of those defending the quitting but I am drawing blanks.

Yeah same here. I was raised differently. I have failed but never just up and quit anything. Especially in a team sport. I give everything my best effort.

Comment

She's worked HARD since she was a little girl. She was molested. I can't even imagine..... She has lots of pressure on her from others - and put a lot more on herself when she had the goat stuff sewed onto all her clothes. That's a lot to live up to.

But she quit even though she's fully capable of competing. It would be bad enough if she quit in the individual event. That would be wasting her own time in preparation, wasting her coaches' time, letting her country down, and screwing the other girl that could have made the team and competed if Biles didn't want to be there.

But she did even worse than that. She did all of that PLUS she quit on her team during the team competition.

Yes, being the best in the world at the Olympics is a LOT of pressure. No question. But if you're able to compete, then compete. If you get nervous and screw up, fine. But try. There's no good reason or excuse to just quit cause it felt stressful.

If she's that stressed, she should have quit before the games started so someone else could have taken her place.
                        Last edited by Shane; 07-27-2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                          Nor Colt Mc Coy mailing it in a big game.

No way it could happen.
                          Can't even believe I'm reading this s***.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                            Really it is the timing of it all, here is my little brained recap as I recall:
                            -griped and complained the judges were out to get her bc her performances were too good
                            -Didn't do so hot in the prelims
                            -didn't do well in first event (vault) as she is accustomed to; didn't even do the routine she was going to do
                            -quit and blamed on mental health
                            The judges Affirmative Actioned her?

Comment

In my line of work if we quit under pressure people die immediately. This is a darn sports event.

Comment

It was weird seeing her on the sidelines as if nothing...something smells. Says it's day to day for the individual participation. Maybe the russians got to her??

Comment

Working...
                                X