Longterm covid effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longterm covid effects

Yes, another covid thread. I am curious to find out if anyone here who has had covid, or know someone close enough to speak without speculation that has had covid, has any long term effects of covid?

The reason I ask... In the line of work that I am in, I speak to people that have it, or are reporting that someone who works for them has it. Been doing it since March. I spoke with a manager who has a brother in law that was very sick for 2 weeks back in February. Doctors didn't know what it was. He lost his sense of taste and smell... Two things that for me seem to be unique to this virus.

Fast forward to September. He has "recovered" for a few months now... He goes on a hike and notices he can't go at the pace he is used to. He is winded, tired... He goes to the doctor and they discover his heart is working at 20% efficiency. He gets sent to Columbia Hospitals covid unit... They do a scan and his entire body has has blood clots everywhere. Although he is testing negative for covid, he is believed to have had it in February, and this thickening of his blood is thought to be caused by covid 7 months later.

EDIT... I forgot to mention, the person I spoke with mentioned the clotting was because of covid and "certain blood pressure meds" having a negative reaction.

Anyone else have any similar stories?
    Last edited by ctom87; 12-22-2020, 09:06 PM.

Wow, not good news. Prayers he can be healed.

Comment

In for this...

Comment

I know two people that have had lasting effects. Both continue to have trouble breathing after “fully” recovering. One continues to see a heart and lung doctor. Both are in their lower 50’s. It’s scary stuff

Comment

I haven't paid attention lately but I remember reading multiple articles over the Summer about the lasting effects for even asymptomatic carriers.

Covid can jack you up

Comment

I Googled before posting and found this from the mayo clinic which does seem to make sense given the story I was told.

mayo clinic
            Attached Files

Comment

I had a buddy that had a "mild" case of covid and recovered. Couple months later he ended up in the hospital with blood clots in his lungs and legs and was in pretty bad shape. His doctors told him it was because of covid. He is still on meds but appears to be okay now.

Comment

Scary stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                  I had a buddy that had a "mild" case of covid and recovered. Couple months later he ended up in the hospital with blood clots in his lungs and legs and was in pretty bad shape. His doctors told him it was because of covid. He is still on meds but appears to be okay now.
                  Was he on any blood pressure meds?

Comment

Seems plausible for sure. But long term effects are yet unknown. It will be years, maybe decades before we know long term effects.

Comment

I just got over it. No short term effects. We had very minor symptoms, less than a cold to be honest. I went to the lease this weekend and filled feeders and wasn’t short of breath or anything crazy, so hopefully it will be nothing in the short term and long term.

Comment

Not sacasm or a joke: Listened to a urologist and a virologist discuss the male libido issues from former covid patients. Blue pill, etc was not helping the situation. I DON'T WANT COVID 19............period!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Not sacasm or a joke: Listened to a urologist and a virologist discuss the male libido issues from former covid patients. Blue pill, etc was not helping the situation. I DON'T WANT COVID 19............period!
                          I can confirm no libido issues due to Covid.

Comment

My boss had covid over the summer, mild symptoms but then had a heart attack this fall, it was caused by myocarditis which was caused by having covid.

Comment

One of my coworkers had it about three months ago and still has breathing issues, she is 37. I watched a mid 30s patient die on the table from complications of it 4 months after testing positive and had “recovered” (family states he was healthy with no known issues). Seeing patients with cardiomyopathy that had it, one of the docs I work with has had several stroke patients with it that the blood was clotting in their catheters and on the equipment while they were actively aspirating the clot in the vessel( this isn’t necessarily a long term effect because they were positive at the time, the rest of what I mentioned above is patients that had it and recovered).

Comment

Working...
                              X