Wood trough feeder build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood trough feeder build

After reading a thread about sweet feed and feeding from a wood trough, I decided to build one.

Trough will be 26" off the ground and will be 24" wide & 48" long.
    The roof is 36" wide and 60" long and made from fence pickets.
    The legs are 72" tall on one side and 67" tall on the other side for the roof to slope.
    Bottom legs are 48" wide to provide stability.

Once I get to the lease and get it assembled I add pics of the finished product.
    Attached Files

Lookin good.
    Make sure you do something to keep the hogs and coons out of it if you can.

Comment

Hogs won't be able to turn it over, but I don't know how to keep coons out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
        Hogs won't be able to turn it over, but I don't know how to keep coons out of it.
        I built a similar one and encased my legs in 4 inch pvc drain pipe so coons couldn’t climb up em.I’m sure a few big one will find a way but for now most of em can’t get to it

Comment

Wood Trough Update

I was able to get to the lease this week and put up the feeding trough I built.

I didn't have one picture of a buck on my camera for the past two months.

After putting up the trough and filling it with (Sweet feed) which had previously been discussed on the GS the 3rd day the bucks started showing up!

I watched the first two night as 8 doe came in to feed from corn spread by the feeder, but they were afraid to eat out of the trough. A fawn was the first to eat out of it and then the older does started eating out of it.

It was so cool. I checked the camera for pics before I left today and the pics say it all!

I will be including Sweet Feed in my feeding plan from now on!
          Attached Files

Comment

Works Great

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
            I was able to get to the lease this week and put up the feeding trough I built.

I didn't have one picture of a buck on my camera for the past two months.

After putting up the trough and filling it with (Sweet feed) which had previously been discussed on the GS the 3rd day the bucks started showing up!

I watched the first two night as 8 doe came in to feed from corn spread by the feeder, but they were afraid to eat out of the trough. A fawn was the first to eat out of it and then the older does started eating out of it.

It was so cool. I checked the camera for pics before I left today and the pics say it all!

I will be including Sweet Feed in my feeding plan from now on!
            Here's the update.

Comment

Blade you may have to keep an eye on the bottom especially after a hard rain. I built one and left some gaps in my bottom runners for drainage. I got pics if you want me to send em to ya. Looks great as well.

Comment

Just put up a sign saying no coons allowed, that aught to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  Just put up a sign saying no coons allowed, that aught to do it.

100% effective! Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X