Cell cam and security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell cam and security

Folks I’m technically challenged. Thus the question. How much does it cost to run a cell cam? Is it added onto your phone bill? Do you get a separate bill from an independent monitoring company or what?
    Eventually we’ll have a cabin on our property and won’t keep anything of real value in it;however, I would like to have the proof to bust someone’s azz that broke into it and stole anything we left there, cots , coffee pots etc etc. basic stuff you’d use around your cabin or campsite.
    Would y’all blow it off and let any potential perp get away scott free or try to monitor your cabin, house etc.
    A few weeks ago a deal alert came out on here involving $29.00 Muddy cameras. I went to Academy and they were packed full of em. I talked to one of the managers and he said they having a hard time moving em because everyone is going cellular.
    Thanks for yalls input.

For security, cellular might be better unless you can really hide one. To easy to steal.

I have heard(don't know for a fact) that the cellulars don't send pictures immediately. If that is the case, they might not be much good for it either.

Comment

I run 3 spypoints and please donot use them. I am constantly dealing with issues. But the way you manage them should be similar. With spypoint the have 3 plans that you manage on their app. So many pics are free, then for like 10 dollars you get 1000 then for $15 you get unlimited. Buy the camera, activate it on their website or app, choose plan enter credit card and done. They have made it very simple. We turn our plans on and off on the app it's very simple. Spend the money and get a covert or one of the other better brands.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
        For security, cellular might be better unless you can really hide one. To easy to steal.

I have heard(don't know for a fact) that the cellulars don't send pictures immediately. If that is the case, they might not be much good for it either.
        We don't have this issue. We sit in camp and wait for pics of hogs at the feeder then go shoot them :-) pretty real time if you have good cell coverage

Comment

I run covert on all of my ranch gates. They send pretty quickly and I use them to tell when anyone pulls up to one of our gates for security. I have 4 cameras and the bill for all of them runs about $25-$50 per month depending on traffic. Their plans are setup through their website or app. Pretty simple to setup and I have had them running for 3 years with minimal issues.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
            We don't have this issue. We sit in camp and wait for pics of hogs at the feeder then go shoot them :-) pretty real time if you have good cell coverage
            that's good to hear. might be useful then...for security.

Comment

Remote Cameras for Hunting, Wildlife Watching and Security

Covert pricing.
              Last edited by Bayouboy; 09-16-2021, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post

Mine sends the pic instantly if I have it set to do so.

Comment

I use Spartan cams for my gate. Pics come thru as soon as they are taken. Plans are pretty cheap thru AT&T. Mounted in an oak tree. Not gonna get stolen unless they bring a 15 foot ladder.

Comment

BB that’s a great link! Thanks man. Keep it coming folks I’m sure your answering more than my questions! And I was planning on mounting mine that high as well. I wonder if that affects the pic quality?

Comment

I recently bought a reveal tactacam x it costs $120 it needs 12 AA batteries. I bought Energizer Lithium. I think they cost $24. They require a high speed SD Card. Class 10 U3. Had to get mine at Best buy, cost's $18.
                      I created an account online with tactacam. I started off with the 250 pics a month for $5 plan. In 2 days I used that up. I had my account setup to auto pay $5 if I went over the 250 picture limit. It's an option. Couple days later I saw I was close to 500 pics so I upgraded to the unlimited plan @ $13/month billed monthly. I THOUGHT I'd have to pay the $13 in addition to the $10 is already paid. I wasn't happy but didn't want to keep paying $5 every could of days. They gave me credit for the $10 I'd already paid. So I only ended up pay $3. Now I'm paying $13/month, billed monthly.
                      If you go with an annual plan it's $120 for the first camera & $96 each additional.

Through the App you can select how often it send the pics. I have Timely selected.
                      You can also turn on/off Push Notifications. On your phone beeps every time you get a pic. Off your phone doesn't beep but you can still open the app to see the pics.

So to recap.
                      Equipment: $163
                      120 Camera
                      25 Batteries
                      18 SD Card

Cell service plan: $156
                      13/month unlimited pics

So I'd guess it'll cost $180 year.
                      156 Unlimited pics
                      24 batteries 1X year

Comment

Dang, these are all doable. Push how does this brand of camera work?

Comment

Spartan LTE! Walk in front of camera, will have a pic to your phone/app in 13-15 seconds.

$260 shipped to your door with the best pics I have seen from a wireless camera

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff Dog View Post
                            I run covert on all of my ranch gates. They send pretty quickly and I use them to tell when anyone pulls up to one of our gates for security. I have 4 cameras and the bill for all of them runs about $25-$50 per month depending on traffic. Their plans are setup through their website or app. Pretty simple to setup and I have had them running for 3 years with minimal issues.

which camera yall using or do they just sell one?

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                              I use Spartan cams for my gate. Pics come thru as soon as they are taken. Plans are pretty cheap thru AT&T. Mounted in an oak tree. Not gonna get stolen unless they bring a 15 foot ladder.
                              what model spartan are ya using?

Comment

Working...
                              X