RV--Hot Water heater is busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV--Hot Water heater is busted

Hot water heater busted during the freeze...Can I just bypass it with an electric one?? I don't know much about this process. Thanks

Originally posted by coach51 View Post
    Hot water heater busted during the freeze...Can I just bypass it with an electric one?? I don't know much about this process. Thanks
    The electric heater would go in the location the gas heater is in now. unless you were getting a stand alone water eater but you would still have to deal with water line routes. Making sure water doesn't route back to old heater. Replacing the old one isn't hard just pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by coach51 View Post
      If it's just a hole in the tank a weld shop can take care of it. Happen to me and cost me like $20

Comment

I had one bust in the freeze. Split all the way down bottom. Yanked it out. Capped the electric and gas. Couple fittings plumbed around it. I typically heated hot water on the stove for dishes and have a small portable water heater for showers for around $150.
        Last edited by mooney_ag; 09-13-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
          If it's just a hole in the tank a weld shop can take care of it. Happen to me and cost me like $20
          Help a guy on our lease do this.

Comment

Working...
          X