B&W meat market Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&W meat market Houston

Has anyone used this place in Houston off of Shepard?

For what? My wife and mother in law geaux there for cuts of meat you can only get in southeast Louisiana to season food.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

For getting a deer processed. Shooting some does at a friends ranch and some neighbors want some deer processed and it’s the closest place to where we live.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub Buck View Post
        For getting a deer processed. Shooting some does at a friends ranch and some neighbors want some deer processed and it’s the closest place to where we live.
        Zero experience with them for that.....did not know they even did that. I use R&D Processing in Spring. Down the street from Texas Archery just before you get to the original Carters Country. You get back what you drop off without all the drama.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s why I won’t drop them off at midway. Thanks for the help. I normally use Belleville meat market but it’s almost an hour for my neighbors to go get the meat that I’m dropping off so just trying to find a good place close to downtown Houston. I know that probably isn’t easy.

Comment

they do only the vanilla stuff, process the deer into basic cuts and its shockingly cheap and they do a very good job. I think the last deer they processed for me with $30. If youre looking for something fancy, wrong place to go. If you want your deer broken down to a point where you can take over and finish the job, they do great work.

Comment

One of my neighbors wants jalapeño cheese summer sausage. Any experience on that? Thanks for the input.

Comment

Just go inside and buy what your neighbor wants. Wrap it in some butcher paper & make up a story.

I have two deer there right now. I got burned out on Midway after a LONG time of using them. B&W doesn't have as many options as some of the bigger places but the quality is money.

Go for it.

Comment

B&W does a great job. We only get basic stuff, mainly grinding and pan sausage. Never had an issue with quantity or quality there.

Comment

I didn't know they did processing. I do know they cook a great steak and have an awesome wedge salad

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      I didn't know they did processing. I do know they cook a great steak and have an awesome wedge salad
                      Did you get B and W confused with B and B?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Did you get B and W confused with B and B?
                        Whichever place has all the TVs?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have used them for many years and have always been very pleased.

Comment

I've used them several times and they do a good job and that garlic/jalapeno cheese sausage is great!

K-Man

Comment

My experiences seem to be different from the others here. I have used them twice. First time I had them do basic cuts/grinds, and some spicy smoked sausage because I tried some a buddy had and it was delicious. When I got mine back, the sausage tasted great but was insanely greasy, way more than the batch my buddy had. I asked and he said he did the 50/50 blend and I had done the same. Thought, oh well, maybe a bad batch. Tried again later that year, and this time the sausage was not greasy, but it was bad. We all got sick after eating it. My dad also dropped a deer off about 2 weeks after I did and he had the same results. Stomach sickness after eating it. The flavor they get in the sausage is unbelievable, but in my experience, it has been very inconsistent. The other knock I have is they do not vacuum seal, even as an up charge. You get paper wrapped meat for everything. They don't even use plastic tubes/sleeves for the ground. I wasn't fast enough in consuming it, and ended up with a decent amount of freezer burned venison. Again, this has been my experience. If others are having a quality experience, you may want to try them out. Like I said, the flavor in the sausage is fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X