Oil and gas lease in ward county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
    If you lease it out do not under any circumstance take on a working interest lease agreement.
    X2

Comment

One of the biggest oil plays in the country. Hold onto that for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
        Have an Oil and Gas Attorney draft a title opinion on the tract. It will verify your ownership interest as well as all encumbrances including current and past leases. It wont be cheap but it will let you know what you got.
        Actually, anyone that wants to lease it will have already performed a title search and will have a pretty good idea what is owned and will base their bonus offer off of the mineral acreage owned. If leased, the operator will have an attorney render a title opinion. Just make sure there is a clause in the lease that Lessor has the right to all title opinions and that if ownership comes back greater than bonus was paid on, Lessee must pay the additional bonus, but if ownership comes back less, Lessor has no obligation to reimburse.

OP, I do this for a living, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Comment

Pm in coming.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
            Actually, anyone that wants to lease it will have already performed a title search and will have a pretty good idea what is owned and will base their bonus offer off of the mineral acreage owned. If leased, the operator will have an attorney render a title opinion. Just make sure there is a clause in the lease that Lessor has the right to all title opinions and that if ownership comes back greater than bonus was paid on, Lessee must pay the additional bonus, but if ownership comes back less, Lessor has no obligation to reimburse.

There are plenty of people here who have educated opinions on such matters. This ^^^ is one.

There are also plenty of people here who are not educated on such matters, but think they are.

Comment

PM sent.

Regardless of what other folks are saying, there are people here who can help ya out & know what their talking about.

I've been a landman a long time and have worked all over the South. The first 6 years of my career working directly for an oil & gas attorney writing title opinions, several years in the field, and the last 6+ as a project manager for an o&g land brokerage. So, needless to say, I have the experience to know what I'm talking about and always willing to help out a fellow TBH'er. If you have any questions, fire away.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post

You're right! But if it were me, I would still want title examined on my behalf by a trusted attorney if I thought the interest I acquired was significant. There are a lot of opportunistic Oil and Gas Title Attorneys working for E&P companies during boom times. All with varying levels of experience.

I used to draft oil and gas title opinions for a living too.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                  You're right! But if it were me, I would still want title examined on my behalf by a trusted attorney if I thought the interest I acquired was significant. There are a lot of opportunistic Oil and Gas Title Attorneys working for E&P companies during boom times. All with varying levels of experience.

I used to draft oil and gas title opinions for a living too.
                  I don't see any reason for a mineral owner to hire an attorney to conduct a mineral ownership report that a land broker could do for you cheaper and just as good. OP hopefully your acreage is located in western Ward and not eastern. I'd be willing to looking into it for you at no cost. Best of luck

Comment

I'll give you $100 for it.

Comment

Dad, Its me remember. I'm your son. Love you Dad. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                        I don't see any reason for a mineral owner to hire an attorney to conduct a mineral ownership report that a land broker could do for you cheaper and just as good. OP hopefully your acreage is located in western Ward and not eastern. I'd be willing to looking into it for you at no cost. Best of luck
                        That depends on the difficulty of title. There may be issues of law that need to be examined by an attorney. Or it may be a short simple runsheet that where title can be traced easily. I don't know.

That said, I have no dog in this fight. I am not looking for business from the OP. I haven't practiced title examination in years. But as a practicing, licensed Texas attorney, my advice to the OP is to seek legal counsel.

Comment

I don't see any reason for a mineral owner to hire an attorney to conduct a mineral ownership report that a land broker could do for you cheaper and just as good.
                          Agreed, that would get real expensive in a hurry.

I just finished leasing a family that lived out of state that owns minerals in Ward County, and some members received rather large bonus checks (well into the 5 figures).

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                            Agreed, that would get real expensive in a hurry.

I just finished leasing a family that lived out of state that owns minerals in Ward County, and some members received rather large bonus checks (well into the 5 figures).

Comment

It’s west of Pyote tx near fm 128 I hope that is a good area

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                                It’s west of Pyote tx near fm 128 I hope that is a good area
                                That's a pretty good area and it should be in production.

Comment

Working...
                                X