Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all have at it!

Comment

It’s a rough place man! You don’t understand scary until you have to choose which booner you are going to shoot!

On a serious note, Mexico is very gray in its laws... once you learn to not let the little things bother you, the experience is unlike any other. I won’t hunt anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by mexico View Post
        we almost ran out of tequila one time while making margaritas at the ranch, pretty bad experience.
        😂

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Y'all have at it!
          Will do sir, will do...

Comment

There is no deer on earth worth the trouble that Mexico could bring me. Now, I realize that it's unlikely, but I don't want to be at the mercy of the Mexican or local government or the cartels. I used to hunt there. No mas.

Comment

Went down last Christmas with my brother and his buddy Manny. We cleared the Columbia bridge and stopped in the tiny border town of Hidalgo to load up on deer drugs and beer.

I was there not as a shooter but as a photographic safari guy. When we stopped for beer there was a small Chihuahua dog running around on the caliche street. Even though chihuahuas are a bit cliche I had to pull out my camera for a couple quick photos. Little did I know, there was a dude with a walkie talkie observing this.

After loading up, we saw a rancher who my brother had spoke with before. He sent Manny over to network as my brother is always looking to leave new tracks on new land.

Meanwhile, the cartel was getting organized...

Once we started to leave for the pavement, we suddenly got “pit maneuvered” by some guys pulling a trailer. They pushed us off the road and ran up to the truck. I was in passenger side where a dude came up and demanded my camera which was still in my lap. Another guy went to my brothers side holding a pistol in his right hand pointing it to sideways with his arm fully extended.

I went back and forth with the dude on my side who spoke perfect English and explained we were tourists and our only business there was to hunt deer. I offered the memory card but I’m pretty sure his instructions were to get the camera. Reluctantly I handed it over.

When we got back on pavement, there was another “Halcon” reporting on our departure.

Luckily, I had a second camera body with me so the trip wasn’t a total loss.

Sunrise

Livestock

My family had been hunting Mexico since the 1970’s.

This was my first robbery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had guys in a blue dodge truck try to force me to pull over when I hunted past Anahuac. I didn’t pull over and they left. Saw the same guys a few weeks later and they didn’t do anything. This year, on pipeline road, there was a lot of cartel/ bandido activity. There was a big shoot out that started in Hidalgo and ended up by our ranch. Hunters were harassed by a truck load of guys on the ranch across the road from us. The ranch next door was robbed a few months ago. They took everything down to the pots and pans if I remember correctly. I was hunting one morning this year and heard 18 or 21 shots in 3 shot burst fairly close. You only asked about bad experiences but the good far outweigh the bad for me. Be smart and cross in the morning, don’t leave the ranch at night, and just use common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  "Bad Experience in Mexico" is the thread title.
                  Not stories of Mexico, jokes I have about Mexico, I love Mexico, etc.

I bet you’re fun at parties

Comment

Shake down by Federales ten years ago. Cost me all the cash I had with me for no reason, but they let us go. No problems after that, but stopped going over there a few years back.

Comment

If I listed all the ways Ive taken stupid chances with my life and liberty the hunting wouldnt make top 20, I was “robbed” several times in Mex. By cops, it never had a thing to do with whether i would go back, I will go back, my sons have both mentioned that sometimes its as if Im looking for the end, both said it while playing I played “lawman farmer” on this side. They both watched dad do dumbstuff. I dont carry a gun anymore for personal reasons of faith after a stakeout for onions thieves went really bad while my stepson was put in harms way and he is a very innocent soul. Bad stuff can and will happen and it could care less what side of the river your standing on. The farm flooded two years in a row so I had to drop out of hunting ( spending money on hunting) so Im safe from scary Mexico this year. I just left my bankers office and he just agreed to finance me another cotton season so maybe I will start snooping around over there just for kicks to keep my lease hopping,anti protein feeding,drink too much, kill young deer for fun,rep alive if you havent gone you probably should. Its wide open fun, listing bummer stuff that happened over there isnt much fun so i took a different route, sorry for the rambling

Comment

I've been stopped and searched at a checkpoint, pulled over for driving the wrong way on a 1 way street, and had a spare tire stolen off the top of my tahoe in between visits. These are the worst so far.

Comment

Will never step foot in the corrupt country again after a long two week road trip to Mazatlan in the late 80's. Fist Fight, Knife fight, Jailed, Diarrhea, Fleeced by Federales/Local Police, Morally corrupt locals, Crappy Gas, Non-existent roads, etc.. I could go on.

Comment

I got chased by 4 armed banditos leaving the Eaton facility heading towards the Pharr bridge several years ago when I worked in the maquilas & did spend the night in the Reynosa jail back in HS...those were both bad experiences.

I hunted San Fernando every weekend for years back in the 90's...couple of bad experiences trying to wake up early.

Haven't been across in 5 years since I left manufacturing. I'm glad folks are still getting to enjoy but she's not for me anymore. I keep up with the narco blogs & it's just not the same place & sorta emotional at times. We had dinner at least once a week over there for decades. One of my best bud's uncle ran the roosters for the fights at the feria, Water Skiing on the rio after school. It's sad & I would be way too wound up to enjoy myself. Crazy Fun memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              We almost ran out of tequila one time while making margaritas at the ranch, pretty bad experience.
                              LOL that could have been tragic!!!

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                              Went down last Christmas with my brother and his buddy Manny. We cleared the Columbia bridge and stopped in the tiny border town of Hidalgo to load up on deer drugs and beer.

I was there not as a shooter but as a photographic safari guy. When we stopped for beer there was a small Chihuahua dog running around on the caliche street. Even though chihuahuas are a bit cliche I had to pull out my camera for a couple quick photos. Little did I know, there was a dude with a walkie talkie observing this.

After loading up, we saw a rancher who my brother had spoke with before. He sent Manny over to network as my brother is always looking to leave new tracks on new land.

Meanwhile, the cartel was getting organized...

Once we started to leave for the pavement, we suddenly got “pit maneuvered” by some guys pulling a trailer. They pushed us off the road and ran up to the truck. I was in passenger side where a dude came up and demanded my camera which was still in my lap. Another guy went to my brothers side holding a pistol in his right hand pointing it to sideways with his arm fully extended.

I went back and forth with the dude on my side who spoke perfect English and explained we were tourists and our only business there was to hunt deer. I offered the memory card but I’m pretty sure his instructions were to get the camera. Reluctantly I handed it over.

When we got back on pavement, there was another “Halcon” reporting on our departure.

Luckily, I had a second camera body with me so the trip wasn’t a total loss.

Sunrise

Livestock

My family had been hunting Mexico since the 1970’s.

This was my first robbery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Legdog you did end up getting your camera back correct??

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                              If I listed all the ways Ive taken stupid chances with my life and liberty the hunting wouldnt make top 20, I was “robbed” several times in Mex. By cops, it never had a thing to do with whether i would go back, I will go back, my sons have both mentioned that sometimes its as if Im looking for the end, both said it while playing I played “lawman farmer” on this side. They both watched dad do dumbstuff. I dont carry a gun anymore for personal reasons of faith after a stakeout for onions thieves went really bad while my stepson was put in harms way and he is a very innocent soul. Bad stuff can and will happen and it could care less what side of the river your standing on. The farm flooded two years in a row so I had to drop out of hunting ( spending money on hunting) so Im safe from scary Mexico this year. I just left my bankers office and he just agreed to finance me another cotton season so maybe I will start snooping around over there just for kicks to keep my lease hopping,anti protein feeding,drink too much, kill young deer for fun,rep alive if you havent gone you probably should. Its wide open fun, listing bummer stuff that happened over there isnt much fun so i took a different route, sorry for the rambling
                              Give em hell Farmdog!1

Comment

Its all what you make of it! Been going for 20 years and never had a bad experience... I only went a few times in 2010 and 2011 because of the activity but never had any issues. I've been pulled over many many times and checked out by the neighbors and always treated me with respect... We have more issues with the dang military than anything. Last year they broke in our house flipped over all the beds and ransacked the place! Our guns were there under ours beds and the left them out on top of our beds with the paperwork laying beside them... They've also come to the house when we have hunters and then drive all over the ranches afterwards!!! They are a real pain in the ***!!! Most issues aren't caused by the so called bad guys but more so by the military and police IMO!!!!

Wonderful place to hunt and don't go if you don't want to get hooked!!

Comment

Working...
                                X