ELR Competitions in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
    This sounds like a lot of fun! What caliber rifle would it take to participate (other than rimfire)? Would the 6.5 prc that I am having built work, or does it need to be alot bigger?
    I will be out there slinging lead with the 6.5 PRC that Robert just finished for me. First few rounds down the tube were over 2950 FPS / Hornady 147 match through 26" Muller Works barrel. Sounds like you will get a very similar chamber, likely the same reamer, prepare to be impressed! Shooting with like minded people at any distance over 800 or so builds friendships and is fun no matter what the stack rank shows!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Hmmm.........Hawks gives me a month to get a 300 RUM load worked up, and we could stay at the farm 28 miles away!
      I hope you make it. Hope you can bring the boys,too!

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
        I will be out there slinging lead with the 6.5 PRC that Robert just finished for me. First few rounds down the tube were over 2950 FPS / Hornady 147 match through 26" Muller Works barrel. Sounds like you will get a very similar chamber, likely the same reamer, prepare to be impressed! Shooting with like minded people at any distance over 800 or so builds friendships and is fun no matter what the stack rank shows!
        Awesome! I think it's going to be a great time. That chamber does work with the 147s very well. I'm thinking about running the PRC in this one too. It will for sure be there as a backup, or if anyone needs something to shoot.

Comment

I’m signed up for the Rotan shoot. Super pumped about this organization, we’ve really needed this.

Comment

Robert

Good meeting you today at the shop. Great group of people working at APR.

Hope to meet up with the group at one of the LR shoots to observe and learn

TD

Comment

I swear there was a match scheduled in May at Winner, SD. I was planning on riding out to it to observe but it is no longer on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                I swear there was a match scheduled in May at Winner, SD. I was planning on riding out to it to observe but it is no longer on the website.
                There was..... The TX location was a safer bet given the trend that was developing weather wise in SD. The Winner shoot is getting re-scheduled for later in the summer. The prairie dog shooting should be better for those attending during that time, too

Comment

Definitely going to have to checkout the September match out at Triple C.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                    There was..... The TX location was a safer bet given the trend that was developing weather wise in SD. The Winner shoot is getting re-scheduled for later in the summer. The prairie dog shooting should be better for those attending during that time, too
                    Yes, winter is not giving up here!

Comment

I'm in for both divisions! Don't miss out folks, books will close at 8pm on Thursday, May 9th. It looks like a great location and in addition to the cash payout there have been some really nice items donated to the prize table.

Comment

Congrats to the APR group for taking the top 3 places at the first ELR competitions!

Comment

Comment

Thanks Brent!! Wish you guys could have made it out there. We had a pretty good run of luck for sure The top 3 finishes in today's limited class were all APR rifles as well! Unfortunately, I wasn't behind one of them this time. Haha.

It was a great time at a great ranch, even with the weather being less than ideal. It was awesome seeing a few youth shooters getting hits out past 1k and just seeing everyone jumping in and helping each other. Definitely a different vibe than most of the matches I have shot....which was exactly what we were hoping for. We had some pretty good shooters show up from as far away as KS. I'm looking forward to the next one, and seeing the sponsor list continue to grow. This match had cash payouts to 3rd place and prize table swag out to 8th place.

Comment

Congrats to the APR shooters and all the smiths behind those fine rifles!

Comment

I’m getting into some long range shooting and working with a budget. I want to know your opinion on a long range class or at least a source of education to read that y’all recommend. I live east of Dallas. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X