Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s your furthest shot? What’s your furthest kill shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    But tell them about that 400 yd prairie dog
    Wait.. What is this story Matt?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Wait.. What is this story Matt?
      I’ll tell it so that he doesn’t make it sound better than it really was. I was spotting for Trophy8 and another friend on one of my prairie dog places I have access to. They had been cleaning up prairie dogs with dang good accuracy from 450-800 all day, and a few past 800 with pretty good results as well. 400 yds should have been a chip shot. They literally burnt through 40-50 rounds a piece on a single prairie dog before giving up. The dog never ran and hid. He’d move 2-4 feet each time a bullet bounced at his feet, then go back to chilling. They rained lead on him for 20-30 minutes. As far as I know he’s still alive to this day and I’m pretty sure Trophy8 burnt up his 6.5-284 on that guy

Comment

1 fer 1 @ 1000 yds on 18 inch steel. Rem.260

440+/- yds white tail buck. 300 Win mag.

Comment

I’ll tell it so that he doesn’t make it sound better than it really was. I was spotting for Trophy8 and another friend on one of my prairie dog places I have access to. They had been cleaning up prairie dogs with dang good accuracy from 450-800 all day, and a few past 800 with pretty good results as well. 400 yds should have been a chip shot. They literally burnt through 40-50 rounds a piece on a single prairie dog before giving up. The dog never ran and hid. He’d move 2-4 feet each time a bullet bounced at his feet, then go back to chilling. They rained lead on him for 20-30 minutes. As far as I know he’s still alive to this day and I’m pretty sure Trophy8 burnt up his 6.5-284 on that guy
          Well now, how come we aint heard about this before?

Comment

Cause he still hasn’t lived it down, and probably never will that was 2014 time frame I believe. I will give them this. They were both shooting **** well until he appeared. Mostly 1-2 shot kills from 450-800, and the 800+ shots might take them a 3rd shot. That’s not bad considering we were working with an iffy range finder, and prairie dogs aren’t exactly a large target.

Comment

Some fancy shooting fellas..

Rifle: Mine was 20+ years ago on a WT buck west of Robert Lee and a little over 600 yards with a 7mm Mag Sendero, 162gr handload.. Just a simple 4-12X50 scope with no fancy knobs.. Hit him exactly were I intended to..

Bow: 67 yards on a gobbler.. Smoked him.

Comment

Cause he still hasn’t lived it down, and probably never will that was 2014 time frame I believe. I will give them this. They were both shooting **** well until he appeared. Mostly 1-2 shot kills from 450-800, and the 800+ shots might take them a 3rd shot. That’s not bad considering we were working with an iffy range finder, and prairie dogs aren’t exactly a large target.
                I can't say much, I missed a Nilgai at 160 yards

Comment

**** thing had a vest on. I’m sure of it. Lol

Comment

For those of you with rigs capable of stretching it out there’s a match coming up that might be of interest. It’s filling quickly.

Enter here:

THE MILE SHOT CHALLENGEELR COMPETITION TARGETS: 1000 YARDS - 1 MILE  30 X 30 STEEL  MAXIMUM CALIBER .338 LAPUA MAG MAY ENTER MULTIPLE WEAPONS OF DIFFERENT CALIBERS 2  ROUNDS/10 SHOTS PER ROUND SHOOTER WILL COMPLETE THE ENTIRE COURSE OF FIRE 1 SPOTTER ALLOWED PER SHOOTER ZERO RANGE OPEN NOON--4 ON FRIDAY 3/22 Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 competitors. Questions email jmonych@sbcglobal.net or Jay Monych 214-616-5477 talk/text COMPLETE RULES Maximum 60 shooters Maximum caliber .338 Lapua Maximum weight 21 lbs including bipod & rear bag. No mechanical bipods May enter more than one weapon but they must be of different calibers. Targets will range from 1000 yds to 1760 yds (1 mile)  Each target will have yardage markers & two Magneto-Speed hit indicators. Match consists two rounds, Each round is 10 shots. Each round will consist of one cold bore target & three scoring targets with three shots each.   This is a prone match. Those over 60 and those with physical disabilities may use a bench if desired. Targets are staggered left & right so you will not change positions once you are set up. You will only be adjusting for elevation.  Two minutes allowed for setup. Three minutes allowed to fire round count. This is not a hit to move event.  Each shooter will complete the entire course of fire. Each shooter is allowed one spotter for wind and elevation calls. Chamber flags are required at all times. No exceptions.  Targets are  30”x 30” steel targets.  This is a precision match -no barn door targets- so precision rifles & good wind reading skills will be a necessity. Target impacts will be announced by a match official only. Cash prizes paid to Top 3  along with table prizes for the Top 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

500 yards on whitetail north of Del Rio with stock Remington 700 in 270 with a 3x9x32 bushnell scope Remington 130 grain bronze pt ammo.
                      550 yards Colorado elk with stock Remington 700 in 7mm rem mag with leupold 4x12x40 scope and federal 140 grain trophy bonded bear claw ammo.
                      Numerous other 300-400 yard one shot kills with browning about 270 in the Del Rio area.
                      Several pigs head shot out too 300 yards with a Savage model 12 bolt action in 22-250 with Simmons 6x18x40 rifle scope.
                      Last edited by Capt.Bryan; 01-13-2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Many moons ago....I

Remington 700PSS .308, Harris L/M bipod 178g BTHP Match, RF LE-9 Optic
                        738 yards on a funky 7pt way out in the middle of a wheat field

Comment

I shoot my 300 Remington U-mag to 1000 yards all the time and ring a 10” dinger consistently.

Longest kill shot is 502 yards on a whitetail with 300 U-mag in Dumont, TX.

My dad shot a caribou in Quebec at 658 yards.

Comment

Savage 110 FCP 308
                            1000yds steel
                            412 yds on a doe
                            It's fun but haven't touched it since I started bow hunting except for hogs at night.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Went 2 for 3 last June at 2,825 yards on a 24”x30” target. Will hit 2 miles in March if things go as planned.

Comment

Savage 10 7mm-08 550 on a doe 1300 or so on a 20x20 plate
                                All with hornady 139 sst.

Comment

Working...
                                X