No announcement yet.

Lions at my feeder.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping I didn't spook them when I was down there last weekend. There's a deep canyon on one side of me and a huge canyon on the other side. There's lots of overhanging rocks and small caves in those canyons. I'm pretty sure that's where they hang out until dark.

From looking at twp of the pics, one cat is coming from the huge canyon and in another pic the single cat is coming from the smaller canyon.

About 2 years ago, the camp next door to us had one on camera as it walked through their camp.

Comment

Pack heat when walking to your stand.

Comment

I have a fantastic mountain lion fajita recipe. Hit me up when it's time.

Comment

Originally posted by clayree View Post
          Pack heat when walking to your stand.
          I guess I'm going to have to start using a better flashlight when walking in to my stand. I either go in dark or with a very small single AA flashlight. Now I'm thinking about a spotlight and a 12 volt backpack!

Seriously. I'm not worried about it. Cat attacks a pretty rare, unless you're a runner or cyclist in California! I think the sound of my UTV will run them off. Besides, there's no telling what's been watching us walk to and from our stands.

Comment

Walking to and from that stand in the dark will be terrifying!

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
              Walking to and from that stand in the dark will be terrifying!
              This, I have a TON of respect for big cats. And by respect I mean they scare the sh*t out of me... lol

Comment

So, my mom was telling me about big cats’ unusual attraction to Calvin Klein Obsession cologne. You’ve got the perfect set up to test it out on cougars...

Might just apply to males but it could be interesting to try.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                  This, I have a TON of respect for big cats. And by respect I mean they scare the sh*t out of me... lol
                  I also have a ton of respect for big cats, and basically anything that can eviscerate me with its bare hands without breaking a sweat.

There's just something about an animal that takes down with its claws other animals we need a .300 win mag to kill that suggests a certain level of cautious awareness is warranted.

Cheat sheet: If it can wrestle down an elk and crush its windpipe with its massive teeth, you should probably give it some space.

Comment

Yeah, I’m out on walking to that stand. Screw that.

Comment

I simply ain’t scared of any wind animal except rapid ones. .
                      Last edited by Big pig; 10-12-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

You have a stronger chance of choking on pork rinds or jerky and dying in camp than u do of being eaten by a big putty tat

Comment

Man I would be a hot mess walking in to my stand in the dark after seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            You have a stronger chance of choking on pork rinds or jerky and dying in camp than u do of being eaten by a big putty tat
                            As a general rule, yes. But it's a lot like lightning or a Great White Shark attack - once you put yourself in close proximity, you can no longer take comfort in the overall likelihood of an occurrence. You've already done the work to erase the 99.9999% likelihood it won't happen.

Comment

Lions don't typically hang out like a pet coon. If he gets another trail cam pic I'll be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                                As a general rule, yes. But it's a lot like lightning or a Great White Shark attack - once you put yourself in close proximity, you can no longer take comfort in the overall likelihood of an occurrence. You've already done the work to erase the 99.9999% likelihood it won't happen.
                                Being in the neighborhood of a lion doesn't mean much if you don't factor in their tendency to shy away from humans. I'm in close proximity to drunk or distracted drivers all the time. But statistically speaking, I like my chances of surviving.
                                Last edited by Chew; 10-12-2018, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X