2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    My dad had his Boatright rebuilt and got it back Tuesday. They did a great job and other than the motor doesn’t look like a 20 year old boat.

Before

After

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great job on the rebuild, who did the work? Did they replace the safety floor or paint up to it?

Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Great job on the rebuild, who did the work? Did they replace the safety floor or paint up to it?

After Harvey he had Trans sport boats redo the electrical and a few other thing and then had Boatright do the refurbish.

He did not replace the safe floor. They sanded the old safe floor down and resealed it.

I guessing they taped everything off and repainted up to it. He had some electrolysis issues on the bottom they also fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod3367 View Post
        Im headed to Port A the weekend of July thirteenth. Can anyone give me some places to fish without a boat. Gotta keep my thirteen year old stepson entertained. Thanks in advance
        Do you want to do a party boat or just fish from shore? If from shore there is the south jetty, packery jetty and Bob Hall Pier. Jetties are free. I'd net some mullet and free line them off any of the above, or you could get some shrimp (get fresh not frozen) peel and fish for pompano on the beach. You'll need a beach parking sticker (any stripes has them). There's also red dot pier under the jfk causway. You can get bait at the bait bucket in flour bluff or at Woody's on the island. If you want a party boat trip check out deep sea headquarters. They have 8 and 5 hour trips everyday but Wednesday. Wednesday is 12 hour. I've taken my young'un on the 12 and were going on the 8 tomorrow.

If you want to wade there are places near packery. These are on the south end of mustang island. Good luck!

Comment

jetties

Not a bad afternoon bite after work, We ended up with 10 lost a few and the 2' sharks were thick. We tried to let my buddies daughter use the live bait and she caught 7 and I only caught 3. I think she had 5 sharks, 5 sheep head, and 1 red. She had never caught a saltwater fish so it was a good trip for sure. My buddy was busy tying on hooks from the sharks and taking off her trout. The shrimp were a little bigger than I like to throw but whatever...
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome!!!!

Comment

Heck yea! I bet she had fun!

Comment

Congrats TENR! Great time there!

Comment

Thanks jnd

Comment

Man, those are some healthy looking trout! No wonder she's grinnin' ear to ear! I would be too! Y'all dun goooood!

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                      Who caught the most...you or Jswag?

Nice catch!!

If we’re being honest that’s basically Joshie’s stringer [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Lined up my 8 day Baja Mexico Long Range trip aboard Polaris Supreme this week. Roll to San Diego CA, jump aboard and sail south. September to October - excellent mix for that coast and sea zone timeframe. Gearing up with a pair of fresh 8 ft United Composite sticks - Predator 40 - 60 class 1-8oz lures and Wahoo 50 - 80 class 1 - 10 oz lures. Have a solid quiver of Calstars but opted to increase the quiver with some sticks to cover spots in my offshore quiver.

Wahoo, Yellowfin Tuna, Mahi, Yellowtail, Bluefin Tuna and my hope - the infamous California Sheepshead!

Cali sheepshead - born male matures and turns female YO YO THE THIRD BATHROOM - THIS IS KEY!

I can't WAIT! Chef and assistant onboard, 2 man staterooms, bar and teak wood interior......a gentleman's cruise!

I thought about dropping the boat in the Laguna this weekend......hot, winds up......I'll build some rods and pray for some rain.

Jesse - a friend of our fall Texas Tuna crew, crewman onboard D Express, just returned 3 days ago from his Baja Long Range SD trip aboard Red Rooster III. He scored his COW YFT - Well Done Jesse!

If you can line up a trip......just solid spoiled living offshore for a week or two, San Diego is it. It takes a lot of tackle to cover the bases.....and it has to be 30 to 130 plus class to really cover. Or you can rent gear......some do. It's a bucket deal for some of us. I'm hauling 8 sticks rigged for jig, cast, kite and troll.......is it September yet?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by AtTheWall; 06-08-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod3367 View Post
                          Thanks jnd
                          I stand corrected on one item. I was told by my neighbor they have suspended the need for a beach parking pass. You may want to confirm. Where are you staying?

Comment

Bringing a travel trailer.

Comment

We got a couple more swords yesterday. Fun day on the water for sure.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Caught a few on days off, fished so much i look like a raccoon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X