Traditional FSC Week 46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 46

Monday is Veterans Day. We'll pay tribute to those who have served to secure all of our freedoms -- including hunting and enjoying the outdoors. Simple target shown below (print mine or draw your own) is a five-pointed star, representing the five branches of the military.

Challenge is to shoot two arrows (first of a day) from 12 yards (6 for kids), using a hunting stance of your choice. First arrow will be aimed at the dot between the "11s" in the middle of the star; the second arrow will be aimed for the arrow point adjacent to the name of a branch in which someone important to you served. For instance, my Dad was a Marine, so I'll shoot the second arrow at the star-point by the word "Marines." Measure and total the two arrows distance from nearest part of shaft to the respective targeted dot or star-point. Up to three days' tries allowed, with tie-breaker being the earliest, best total.

Good luck, and thank you to all who have or are serving.

(Will add pic on phone edit.)

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
    Monday is Veterans Day. We'll pay tribute to those who have served to secure all of our freedoms -- including hunting and enjoying the outdoors. Simple target shown below (print mine or draw your own) is a five-pointed star, representing the five branches of the military.

Challenge is to shoot two arrows (first of a day) from 12 yards (6 for kids), using a hunting stance of your choice. First arrow will be aimed at the dot between the "11s" in the middle of the star; the second arrow will be aimed for the arrow point adjacent to the name of a branch in which someone important to you served. For instance, my Dad was a Marine, so I'll shoot the second arrow at the star-point by the word "Marines." Measure and total the two arrows distance from nearest part of shaft to the respective targeted dot or star-point. Up to three days' tries allowed, with tie-breaker being the earliest, best total.

Good luck, and thank you to all who have or are serving.

(Will add pic on phone edit.)
    Target pic

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Gary

Comment

Day 1, probably should have shined a flashlight on target. Shot from 1 knee. 1st shot low 2-13/16"; 2nd shot 4-1/16". Total 6-7/8" (First pic without flash.)

Comment

Day 2, standing. 1st shot, about 1-7/8"; 2nd shot, about. 3". Total, 4-7/8"
          P

Last edited by tradtiger; 11-13-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

About to post a Week 47 challenge.

Comment

Working...
            X